DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 is telling me to reboot AC

Sailorsteve

Reactions
I'm trying to do a sensor calibration on my Mavic Pro using Assistant 2 on my Dell computer.
I click on the Calibration tab in the box on the left of the window, follow the three little demos and while doing that a message comes up near the "next" button telling me to reboot the AC, and the button to begin the calibrations is grayed out and is inactive.
Turning the Mavic off then on makes no difference, still unable to begin the calibration.

I replaced the Assistant with the current one from DJI as part of trying to solve the problem. It recognizes the Mavic and that the firmware is current, so I know Assistant is working and communicating with the Mavic.

I'm puzzled - what do I need to do?

do you have another computer to try it with? I got it to work on my laptop, but it refused to work on my desktop.

Dont know if that will work or not. I have never tried asst.2 on ipad.
I think the issue is with the comm port or usb port configuration. But I am not smart enough to change whatever setting on the computer thats needed. Maybe google?

Dont know if that will work or not. I have never tried asst.2 on ipad.
I think the issue is with the comm port or usb port configuration. But I am not smart enough to change whatever setting on the computer thats needed. Maybe google?

I'm right there with ya. that's why I'm going over to his house. Maybe get a dinner while I'm there!! :rolleyes:

Alright, I've got to be doing something wrong!
Tried it on his laptop. Tried it on his desk top. Exact same problem: Assistant recognizes the Mavic, recognizes the current firmware, but when we tag into the Calibration window and proceed through the three step demo, a notice stating to "Reboot the AC" shows up and disables the "Calibrate Now" button.

Could it be a setting in the Go4 app? Might there be an issue with the software being loaded from the DJI website? Could it be something I'm doing wrong?

In trying to reboot the AC, I've been powering down using the button on the battery, and powering up using the same button - just like when flying. Is there any other way of 'rebooting the AC'?

I'm still puzzled! Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled - what do I need to do?
I would only use a large desktop monitor. One thing to look at is the resolution the monitor is set at. Try using the default if it is not already set that way. I say this because a friend with poor eyesight has the screen magnified which caused his problem.

OP, take a look inside the micro USB hatch on the drone and see if the tongue inside the micro USB slot is loose. It might not be making a perfect connection, and that could be the reason for it not wanting to do the calibration. This happens if the cable has been forced into the slot too many times the wrong way.

Alright . . . tried it again today employing your suggestions: large monitor, USB slot and cable connection is tight, and only the Mavic is connected and powered up.
No Joy! Same problem - "Reboot the Aircraft"
I was hoping maybe the daily change in global positioning relative to the universe might have an effect. But no.

By the way, I've also calibrated the IMU and the Compasses. No difference.
It flies great; I just can't get the Downward Sensors to stay on.

I'm going to delete Assistant 2 and see if there is an alternative source rather than DJI. Grabbing at straws maybe, but that's where I am.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98