DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asteroid mode for Mavic Pro

I doubt it. It makes use of the rear sensors of the Air, I'm betting it requires the better processor of the Air and it would also hurt Air sales.

I doubt it. It makes use of the rear sensors of the Air, I'm betting it requires the better processor of the Air and it would also hurt Air sales.

1. not exactly sure why it uses rear cameras? it's very similar to dronie+rocket mode, and in both it is up to the pilot to make sure they're not flying into an object.
2. why would it require a better processor? That trajectory doesn't seem any more processor heavy than existing modes, and at the end it literally just takes a sphere pano, which the mavic pro has already been updated to do.
3. It's a lower price point than the mavic, I do agree it would hurt air sales but if I'm dji I want people buying both. For my sake I'm hoping you're wrong ;)

1. not exactly sure why it uses rear cameras? it's very similar to dronie+rocket mode, and in both it is up to the pilot to make sure they're not flying into an object.
2. why would it require a better processor? That trajectory doesn't seem any more processor heavy than existing modes, and at the end it literally just takes a sphere pano, which the mavic pro has already been updated to do.
3. It's a lower price point than the mavic, I do agree it would hurt air sales but if I'm dji I want people buying both. For my sake I'm hoping you're wrong ;)

It's DJI's software that takes over on the flight. So it's DJI's programming that moves the drone during this mode, not the user.

Since the image is stored on the Air I suspect that the processor on the Air combines all of the photos into a small planet and the software also speeds up the video and then combines it all together. This would certainly require more processing power.

You say DJI wants people to buy both. That is my point. If you owned a Mavic already and they added all the flight modes to it, you'd not buy a Mavic (you say you hope that they added it... because you don't want to spend the money on the Air as well). If they don't add those modes and you still want them, you may very well buy an Air as well.

It's DJI's software that takes over on the flight. So it's DJI's programming that moves the drone during this mode, not the user.

Since the image is stored on the Air I suspect that the processor on the Air combines all of the photos into a small planet and the software also speeds up the video and then combines it all together. This would certainly require more processing power.

You say DJI wants people to buy both. That is my point. If you owned a Mavic already and they added all the flight modes to it, you'd not buy a Mavic (you say you hope that they added it... because you don't want to spend the money on the Air as well). If they don't add those modes and you still want them, you may very well buy an Air as well.

1. yes, the software moves the drone, but "dronie" is upward and backwards movement without any sort of rear sensors. Meaning if you take a "dronie" while the back of the drone is facing a building, you're crashing, which makes it the pilots job to make sure nothing is in the way. Backwards flight doesn't mean it has to use backwards sensors, it just needs those for collision detection, which doesn't exist of course for the mavic pro.
2. The mavic pro already has the ability to stitch all the photos, and speed up video, it literally has the ability to do each part of the asteroid photo.
3. I was agreeing with you (mostly ;) here, that's why I'm hoping it comes to the mavic after enough airs have sold.

Thanks for the reponse

Mavic Pro is more expensive than Mavic Air should at least have the same features! ....

Please DJI puts astroid mode in Mavic Pro.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS