DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asteroid video - 4k?

djiboi

Reactions
Can we do 4k asteroid videos? Just pulled one off my air and it was 1080p

So far, that seems to be the only option. Quality is pretty sketchy on the final zoom out.

Shame to limit things like this but it must be down to processing power?

No cant be processing because my pro can do quickshots in 4k if im not mistaken....maybe they just need to enable it in a fw update because air def has more processing power then pro

Oh well, at least I know it's not a setting I overlooked.

New to drones with my MA being the first one but i'm guessing the idea of quickshots is to quickly upload to social media so 1080/30 seems reasonable. It would be nice to have the choice of higher res though.

B-)

Not even MA uses fancy effects in Quikcshots, only asteroid, all other quickshots is same as pro, but all quickshots is locked 1080/30

Not even MA uses fancy effects in Quikcshots, only asteroid, all other quickshots is same as pro, but all quickshots is locked 1080/30
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I did a few quick shots last weekend in 4K. I think Asteroid is a unique case as it is the only quick shot that combines video and photos. The drone needs to add and render the 360 degree photos as a part of the video on the fly. (intentional pun. :p) 4K might be too much for it to be able to do that.

Reactions: Travisimo
All quickshot modes are 1080P/30

That's false. The Asteroid is definitely locked to 1080p/30, but the rest of them are quite able to do 4k/2k. I have personally done the Dronie and Boomerang in 4k without issue.

That's false. The Asteroid is definitely locked to 1080p/30, but the rest of them are quite able to do 4k/2k. I have personally done the Dronie and Boomerang in 4k without issue.

Yes sorry, resolution is free but all modes is locked 30fps.

Yes sorry, resolution is free but all modes is locked 30fps.

Ok, but the question that was asked was about 4k, which cannot go higher than 30fps no matter what mode you are in anyway (quickshots or not). I was not aware of the 30fps limitation though, so thanks for clarifying that.

Can we do 4k asteroid videos? Just pulled one off my air and it was 1080p

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering myself. I could almost swear I saw a guy on Youtube do an Asteroid in 4k. For sure I was wrong but the resolution of his video was definitely better then mine.

Is there a way to make our own 360 panorama, extract it of the drone sd card (including 4k vid) and post process the images with some 3rd party software to create the mini planet and then use a video editor (e.g. Filmora or Muvee) to make a similar vid to the one produce by DJI Go 4 editor?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman