DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 At last blosomed water lilies

Could you possibly hook a phone up to the googles goggles oops (and do a screen recording of what appears on the phone, including any drone control menus (if the latter are available on the phone).
I fly alone so using the googles is out but these 'slow' banked turn videos have me interested in the FPV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: alex_markov
What drone? I really like the way this was flown, if those are lily patches wow they are huge.
Dji fpv
Could you possibly hook a phone up to the googles and do a screen recording of what appears on the phone, including any drone control menus (if the latter are available on the phone).
I fly alone so using the googles is out but these 'slow' banked turn videos have me interested in the FPV.
Unfortunately dji made this not possible :( you can connect phone but you can see only camera feed no telemetry or menues, obviously they try to avoid people flying on a phone instead of googles this way avoiding incidents due to a lag (as googles are very realtyme ;) ). I use my daughters as spotters (or in extream cases my pug ;) ) but I sold all other drones Air 2S included (kept mini 2 for crowded places i never film anyway ;) ) and fly only with dji fpv and it's by far best flyer of all i've tryed (including evo2) and most fun ;)

Thanks, in a way that is a relief as I was being tempted.
I guess, using my 'normal drone' that I will just have to practice banked turns with the gimbal in fpv mode.

Thanks, in a way that is a relief as I was being tempted.
I guess, using my 'normal drone' that I will just have to practice banked turns with the gimbal in fpv mode.
I have prescription glasses so I was strongly Against googles BUT after several months and 150 flights I can tell You You can see things and fly like never before with googles and DJI FPV - trust me on that - No phone can compare

I have prescription glasses so I was strongly Against googles BUT after several months and 150 flights I can tell You You can see things and fly like never before with googles and DJI FPV - trust me on that - No phone can compare
You can probably get after market lenses to fit in the goggles, they are available for the goggles used with the Phantom and Mavic.
I do not doubt the view through the goggles is breath taking, it's just I have no spotter so using the goggles would be illegal.
The inability to use an attached phone for 'control' relieves some of the temptation to look for an FPV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marriedwithchildren