DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

At last Costco U.K. offering drones!

It's difficult to compare US and UK prices because US prices are quoted without tax* and my understanding is there's different sales taxes across the states whereas UK prices must be quoted inclusive of VAT. Currently the converted US price for the Mavic 3 Fly more is £2210 and if you add 20% tax actually takes you over the UK price.

All that aside though, £2349 seems a fantastic price for a Mavic 3 Fly More package compared to the usual £2549 price.

* I might have misunderstood the US sales tax and would appreciate being corrected. I remember the first time I went to the US and bought a coke in the airport and was puzzled when I was charged more and noticed it kept happening until the friend I was meeting explained how the tax worked.

Reactions: twickers14
It's difficult to compare US and UK prices because US prices are quoted without tax* and my understanding is there's different sales taxes across the states whereas UK prices must be quoted inclusive of VAT. Currently the converted US price for the Mavic 3 Fly more is £2210 and if you add 20% tax actually takes you over the UK price.

All that aside though, £2349 seems a fantastic price for a Mavic 3 Fly More package compared to the usual £2549 price.

* I might have misunderstood the US sales tax and would appreciate being corrected. I remember the first time I went to the US and bought a coke in the airport and was puzzled when I was charged more and noticed it kept happening until the friend I was meeting explained how the tax worked.
In the US, taxes are simple. When we make money they tax us, and when we spend the money we made, they tax us again.

Well ok maybe it's a bit more complex. Ignoring income tax since that's not what you asked about. Sales taxes are based on where you live. In some states there is no sales tax: Alaska, Oregon, Montana, New Hampshire, and Delaware. Some states charge a lot of sales tax, like California it's over 7%. Other states charge less tax, like Colorado charges 2.9% And some places there are state taxes and county taxes. In New Orleans Louisiana, the State Tax is 4.45% but there is a Parish (that's what Louisiana calls counties) tax of 5%, total sales tax 9.45%

Some states (like California) want people to pay California tax for buying something online. California says if the business has any California office they charge tax. So if I live in California and buy something locally I pay local tax. If I buy something online from a business in California, they charge sales tax. If I buy something online from Oregon, California expects us to pay California sales tax, but that's more of 'on the honor system'. Some out of state retailers charge tax (if they have any offices in California they have to.) And some don't. B&H never charged sales tax before, but they started. Then they offered their credit card and if we buy from there using that, there is no tax. Other companies (Dronnerds for instance) don't charge sales tax for online purchases for out of state customers.

Hope this clears it all up :)

Reactions: twickers14
OK seems like a good price for over here. The sales tax system in the US does make it tricky for us visitors as we never know when to buy, In our case FL or NY. Anyway not a prob, it’ll just be good to get there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7