DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

At the risk of sounding really stupid ..

Avocet

Reactions
.... could someone provide me with an interntal or external liink regarding just when the DJI go interfaces did away with customization of critical battery settings? I must of missed it and I understand that now it is solely a computed value (both for an auto Rth and the warning itself). I surely set mine quite a while ago and never considered changing them (they were conservative). Went looking for them today on my DJI RC and they were not there it seems ..

Sorry for the whining ... and thanks for any replies ...

It was a nice feature to be able to set a discharge sequence on these batteries, but I have learned that DJI is who really controls a portion of our fun.

It was a nice feature to be able to set a discharge sequence on these batteries, but I have learned that DJI is who really controls a portion of our fun.
But of course. So you are saying that this setting is no longer part of the interface? Thanks for the prompt reply btw.

Several of the newer DJI products no longer provide the ability to change those settings. I can’t speak for any of the “mini” series products. I won’t have any of those. The M3 and the M3Pro would not allow me to change those settings. Also the Air2S is the same. I’ll need to check the Air3.

Last edited:
The general thinking that I have found is when you add a ton of settings, some of the older (read: unneeded/unused) settings had to go. With real AI coming soon (one day), none of these settings will be required (even if desirable). Our drones are slowly evolving beyond "project" drones. AFAIK, none of the settings you mentioned can be found in DJI newer/newest generation of drones. My guess is even "smart" drones wouldn't have those features. It would be hard for DJI to claim the drone will automatically RTH when the battery gets low if the user can "override" that.

I was going to mention the Fly app was part of the equation, but I’ve pretty much given up on harping on its shortcomings. DJI has made some improvements since its inception thankfully.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neal Development Group