DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlantic City Beach Patrol and Fire Department Drone Training Event

jaja6009

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am just sharing an event put on by our Beach Patrol and Fire Department using drones for beach use cases.
We used a Matrice 300 RTK to drop various Restubes to simulated distressed swimmers.
Also involved were a M30T, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Its good news for our area since a month ago we were also the location for the infamous HVAC guy dropping sea dye into people's and other businesses' pools.

I'm glad Atlantic City has some sense! I was in Gulf Shores, AL a couple of years ago where they do not allow drones. I was on the beach and rescue squads and police were there looking for a guy pretty far out that had fallen off a paddle board. I asked a police officer if he would like me to get my drone to fly out there. He gave me a stern look and said; "Drones are not allowed in Gulf Shores". Don't know if the guy drowned or not!!

I am just sharing an event put on by our Beach Patrol and Fire Department using drones for beach use cases.
We used a Matrice 300 RTK to drop various Restubes to simulated distressed swimmers.
Also involved were a M30T, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Its good news for our area since a month ago we were also the location for the infamous HVAC guy dropping sea dye into people's and other businesses' pools.
AWSOME

Fantastic News, thanks for sharing

It was a great event for us. We had some lessons learned on improving the overall response for the beach patrol. The Restubes are great! They are light weight, reliably deploy and fit perfectly on our Matrice 300 RTK with its Dromight Talon drop device.

We found the speakers on the Mavic 2 Enterprise and Enterprise Advanced to be not loud enough and to have any desired effect they must be facing the intended audience. We are going to equip the M300RTK with a much larger, louder speaker system.

I view drones as just another tool for the beach patrol and stress that they are not a magic bullet, just a tool that needs to be implemeted at the right time and situation.

We are waiting to see if the leaked M3D with dock might be for us.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne