DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attack Of The Killer Mavic Pro 2

fly4fun

Reactions
I was filming with a Mavic Pro 2 with the ACTIVE TRACK of myself running in a fairly open hilly area, a few trees that were easily avoided. Three times the Mavic Pro 2 flew towards me (dive bombed me) and then crashed, the 3rd time almost crashed. The first time I was doing nothing and luckily it landed in a bush unharmed. The second time it forced landed on the ground unharmed. As it landed I did get a low battery message but no message before it crash landed. The third time I was doing nothing but running with the RC in my hand and saw it happening and prevented it from crashing. So what is up? I thought DJI improved ACTIVE TRACK. I do have the most recent firmware installed. I never had this problem with the MP #1. Watch the video please. Any ideas and comments would be great.

Last edited:
I suspect a cause with one word - calibration.

There's plenty of setup information within this forum.

Good luck my friend.

I was filming with a Mavic Pro 2 with the ACTIVE TRACK of myself running in a fairly open hilly area, a few trees that were easily avoided. Three times the Mavic Pro 2 flew towards me (dive bombed me) and then crashed, the 3rd time almost crashed. The first time I was doing nothing and luckily it landed in a bush unharmed. The second time it forced landed on the ground unharmed. As it landed I did get a low battery message. The third time I was doing nothing but running with the RC in my hand and saw it happening and prevented it from crashing. So what is up? I thought DJI improved ACTIVE TRACK. I do have the most recent firmware installed. I never had this problem with the MP #1. Watch the video please. Any ideas and comments would be great. Never mind watching the video. Apparently I do not have the correct extension to upload it? What format/extension do need to upload a video to this forum?
No
I had also a very bad experience With "Autolanding" by critical battery Status
DJI have Time think over there popcesses in case like this
My bird was really out Of control and hit the roof beneath me it could also be me and i have a lot of experience in mp and and mpp

Kind
Regards
Arpath

I was filming with a Mavic Pro 2 with the ACTIVE TRACK of myself running in a fairly open hilly area, a few trees that were easily avoided. Three times the Mavic Pro 2 flew towards me (dive bombed me) and then crashed, the 3rd time almost crashed. The first time I was doing nothing and luckily it landed in a bush unharmed. The second time it forced landed on the ground unharmed. As it landed I did get a low battery message. The third time I was doing nothing but running with the RC in my hand and saw it happening and prevented it from crashing. So what is up? I thought DJI improved ACTIVE TRACK. I do have the most recent firmware installed. I never had this problem with the MP #1. Watch the video please. Any ideas and comments would be great.

I have had Active Track 1.0 attacks for years across the DJI line(MP1, P4...). I had hoped AT 2.0 would be better with the additional camera and 3D vision. My channel has many attacks similar to yours and I feel the best thing to do is be prepared to take over.

Last edited:
I have had Active Track 1.0 attacks for years across the DJI line(MP1, P4...). I had hoped AT 2.0 would be better with the additional camera and 3D vision. My channel has many attacks similar to yours and I feel the best thing to do is be prepared to take over.

Thanks for the video and info. Very similar, luckily yours did not crash. Sombody mentioned calibration but I did not get any calibration error.

Thats terrible have you sent DJI the video of this I can't belive they let this out to the public very dangerous..

Could you upload the logs? I'm wondering if the movement from running inadvertently triggered something on the screen or controller?

I was filming with a Mavic Pro 2 with the ACTIVE TRACK of myself running in a fairly open hilly area, a few trees that were easily avoided. Three times the Mavic Pro 2 flew towards me (dive bombed me) and then crashed, the 3rd time almost crashed. The first time I was doing nothing and luckily it landed in a bush unharmed. The second time it forced landed on the ground unharmed. As it landed I did get a low battery message but no message before it crash landed. The third time I was doing nothing but running with the RC in my hand and saw it happening and prevented it from crashing. So what is up? I thought DJI improved ACTIVE TRACK. I do have the most recent firmware installed. I never had this problem with the MP #1. Watch the video please. Any ideas and comments would be great.

What comes into the frame shot at 41 seconds?

Looks like a leg... Is that... even possible? I can't say I've ever seen a leg move into frame like that on a Mavic.

It's easy with the VR Head movement mode or tap-hold. Normal operation compensates by yawing the whole body of the AC to keep legs out.

That's exactly why I was asking for logs. Maybe you were tapping and holding on the screen without knowing which messed up what to track and even move the camera manually.

It's easy with the VR Head movement mode or tap-hold. Normal operation compensates by yawing the whole body of the AC to keep legs out.

That's exactly why I was asking for logs. Maybe you were tapping and holding on the screen without knowing which messed up what to track and even move the camera manually.

That's what I mean. Under regular use I've never seen that happen. I'm leaning toward user error, but logs will be interesting to see..

Yes, all of those were enabled. I will check to be sure. I am almost positive my hand grip did not move on the controller and accidently tapped on the screen of my Samsung Galaxy 8 phone. Because I was running with the RC in my hand I try to not change my grip in because of the possibility of dropping it. I also never look at the screen or the RC while running for fear of tripping, unless something is wrong with the flight of the MP 2 Pro. Like being dive bombed for example. Not to say that I could have touched the screen accidently, but 3 times within a only a mile of running is unlikely. If that was the case I would not have uploaded the video since I would realize that was my bad. I am glad to upload the logs but I am not sure how to do that. It would be interesting to find out what went wrong for the benefit of all MP 2 users, whether it was my fault of some weird glitch.

Hopefully you will upload the logs to phantomhelp log viewer and share the link.

This is bizarre.

You get 11/10 for perseverance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972