DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attack Of The Killer Mavic Pro 2

Last edited:
I had a similar experience where mavic got to within a couple inches of the antenna on my Jeep during active track. It sounds like a swarm of angry bees when it puts the brakes on so close to your head!

SkyNet is alive and well.......

Maybe I'm just seeing things here but the two videos here seem to have something in common. The Mavic tends to dive in an attempt to "catch up" to a shrinking bounding box especially when the subject turns. Notice how it does so well when the subject is the same angle and then when a corner of the subject begins moving away it appears the Mavic thinks that corner is getting smaller when really it is just going out of sight away from camera view. A shrinking bounding box would mean subject is further away but that's not always the case.

Logs, to my untrained eyes, look OK to me. If you're able to reproduce this, could you record your screen?

Maybe I'm just seeing things here but the two videos here seem to have something in common. The Mavic tends to dive in an attempt to "catch up" to a shrinking bounding box especially when the subject turns. Notice how it does so well when the subject is the same angle and then when a corner of the subject begins moving away it appears the Mavic thinks that corner is getting smaller when really it is just going out of sight away from camera view. A shrinking bounding box would mean subject is further away but that's not always the case.

Logs, to my untrained eyes, look OK to me. If you're able to reproduce this, could you record your screen?
Thanks for the info. I will try and figure out how to post the screen. Anyhow I think the new and improved Active Track in the MP 2 Pro still needs some work from DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard