DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attention Long distance flyers: How far can I remote land and take off from ?

Bro not sure if it’s possible to remote start as I haven’t tried it but I would love to see your footage of this!

Bro not sure if it’s possible to remote start as I haven’t tried it but I would love to see your footage of this!

When it comes to remote starting the key has been to have the button push on a timer , which allows us to have a windows of opportunity to fly the drone when it is started and than we can connect. If we could chop some trees down, we could have LOS to the boat which is where we want to connect to , lol 1200 ft possible.

Flew Mavic 2 and phantom 3 for hours today. Mavic went over mile between 40-100 feet down the shore of the bay clear Vlos bwity strobes.

Mavic 2 with full signal and no issues.. didn’t drop a bar same flight with phantom 3 pro Started with strong wireless interference warnings and ended with air craft disconnected.. reconnected before rth initiated.. doesn’t even bother me with phantom anymore im so used to it happening.

Mavic 2 technology is amazing.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Aren’t these some of the issues the delivery drone engineers are facing ? Wonder how much technology will transfer to us ? Of course a few years after Amazon and UPS get all the kinks out, Uberlift will be flying

The reason you have that lasting is that once you have any kind of Magnetic interference the Drone really has no way of fixing it because the drone is compromised until you land and take off again without the Interference .

I made this video to show exactly how Magnetic Interference works on the Phantom but applies the same to the Mavics. I demonstrate using a magnet in the phone.

Great advice. I will not fly without resetting the compass.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78