DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI mode, how to?

catowner7

Reactions
Hi! I need to be able to put my M2Z in ATTI mode so I can practise for my ATO exam. The User Manual v1.8 > Aircraft > Flight Modes > P-mode contains the following text: "The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled ...". I have now been out trying to make this work but with no success. It may be that I didn't manage to disable the Vision Systems completely and would be very grateful if someone can help me with this by telling me exactly what needs to be done to disable them.

Yot quoted only part of the sentence from the manual. Here is the whole sentence:
" The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference."
You can not enable ATTI mode manually without a software "hack".

Thanks for this. From this I read that the info in the manual simply is wrong and that there is no "easy" way to change to ATTI mode on Mavic 2. I will try the v1.1.2 option and will feed back the result.

I found these but It’s a little complicated and you have to use DJI assistant v 1.1.2. ,
Changes tripod mode to ATTI,
Don’t know if there is an easy way ?
THIS could help, Jump to 5 ½ minutes for relevant info
OR
THIS , Jump to 2 ½ minutes for relevant info.
This is the only way to do it.
And after each firmware update you’ll have to redo it. I replaced tripod mode In case I need sport mode for a Highwind situation.

I've now changed Sport mode to ATTI mode and all works as expected, and flying is now a real challenge. It was a bit windy where I tested it out and descending in a spiral from 50m failed with a big A [emoji1] I've been using the AeroSim RC simulator up till now, a great product but nothing is like real life. I can highly recommend it thu (www.aerosimrc.com). I've now got 3 weeks to master ATTI before my exam takes place, seems tight right now.

Thanks for helping me out with this.

I've now changed Sport mode to ATTI mode and all works as expected, and flying is now a real challenge. It was a bit windy where I tested it out and descending in a spiral from 50m failed with a big A [emoji1] I've been using the AeroSim RC simulator up till now, a great product but nothing is like real life. I can highly recommend it thu (www.aerosimrc.com). I've now got 3 weeks to master ATTI before my exam takes place, seems tight right now.

Thanks for helping me out with this.
If I were you I'd change tripod to atti. sport mode is were all the power is at and is needed in windy conditions. I use atti mode for quick returns flying down wind but it doesn't seem to have as much power as sport mode. On my return I max out on sport mode once I hit 45 I switch to atti. I'm able to go like 70mph with ease in windy conditions I have a mavic pro 2

I'm normally staying away from windy weather when flying, so speed should not be an issue for me. And as backup if something goes wrong I can always revert to GPS mode or simply do a RTH.

Hi - does anyone know why my Macic Pro with Sports mode changed to ATTI kicks back into GPS mode once the distance from the controller is higher than approx 20 metres?
I've also been practicing for my practical exams (called RPL in South Africa) but can't do all the maneuvers accurately as some of them require a lot more than 20 m... Is there anywhere else that I need to disable the GPS (other than mapping the "S" switch from mode 8 to mode 3)?

Hi, has it always behaved like this? I did the same change on my M2Z and never had a problem (also practicing for my exam).

Hi, has it always behaved like this? I did the same change on my M2Z and never had a problem (also practicing for my exam).
I believe so, but I only noticed it when I started flying circuits, with box and teardrop I was usually within close range so stayed in ATTI. Are the any other parameters thaf I should check and possibly change?

No, I only needed to activate debug and then change the settings the same as you did. It all sounds strange. Could it be something wrong with the switch on the controller, eg. if you change the angle of the controller that it sort of pops back into GPS mode? If that's not the case I would try changing the tripod mode instead to see of it still behaves the same way.

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
If I were you I'd change tripod to atti. sport mode is were all the power is at and is needed in windy conditions. I use atti mode for quick returns flying down wind but it doesn't seem to have as much power as sport mode. On my return I max out on sport mode once I hit 45 I switch to atti. I'm able to go like 70mph with ease in windy conditions I have a mavic pro 2
Holy phahuck! 70MPH!! Actual 70mph! That is Ka-ray-zee! ?

No, I only needed to activate debug and then change the settings the same as you did. It all sounds strange. Could it be something wrong with the switch on the controller, eg. if you change the angle of the controller that it sort of pops back into GPS mode? If that's not the case I would try changing the tripod mode instead to see of it still behaves the same way.
I don't think it's the switch itself (at least not in terms of being loose) as my hands were actually nowhere near (I thought I might be bumping it). You can actually see the drone kicking out of the ATTI into GPS. I will try to change tripod mode to ATTI instead and also make a short video tomorrow.

I don't think it's the switch itself (at least not in terms of being loose) as my hands were actually nowhere near (I thought I might be bumping it). You can actually see the drone kicking out of the ATTI into GPS. I will try to change tripod mode to ATTI instead and also make a short video tomorrow.
Update: so I figured out part of the problem. As I fly in the neighbourhood, I had very strict geofence set (50m). Mavic obviously needs time to react to observe geofence and GPS is used for that. When I changed geofence to 250 metres, GPS kicks in at around 200m. I didn't check what happens with no geofence set, but it now makes sense that ATTI gets overriden to observe geofence.

Forgot to give my feedback on this: yes indeed, if you reach your distance or height restriction, GPS mode will kick in and you will not be able to switch back to ATTI for the rest of the flight (as far as I remember).

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
Interesting. I'll need to see if the P3 limits distance in ATTI if set maximum distance is reached, or if it goes into ATTI or imposes distance when no mobile device connected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242