DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to disable REMOTE_ID on DH MAVIC 3. WORKS

Hello guys, I saw many posts related to REMOTE_ID how it is working on DH MAVIC 3. So there is a away to disable it, actually not to enable it in first place. So I will write down some steps how to do it. You may ask how I know when REMOTE_ID is enabled or when disabled - I have a special tool for that and I can monitor in real time when drone starts to transmit REMOTE_ID (RIDxxxxxxxxxx). This works on 1000 version. I did not try 1100.

1. Turn on your Drone and RC.
2. Now in the FLY APP, go into settings (three dots ...) >>> About >>> Name >>> enter: gps off and press OK. You will see satellites goes RED color. From now drone will stay forever in this mode. To enable GPS (together with REMOTE_ID) you need to enter: gps on.
3. Now after GPS OFF command was entered for the first time, you must restart the Drone and RC, remove battery for few sec aswell. IF you wont restart REMOTE_ID will still be broadcasted.
4. After restart REMOTE_ID is disabled, you will never see RIDxxxxxxxxxx transmitted. You can start your engines and fly away!

Thats it, it works 100% I tested many times, REMOTE_ID is disabled. You need to understand that with GPS OFF command drone will not be able to RTH (Return To Home). So in this case I would recommend to leave drone in HOVER mode and enter new command: lost_1000. With this command in hover mode if signal is lost drone will rise to 1000 meters so you can retain the signal. And it can be very tricky to fly this drone in GPS OFF mode because it enters to ATTI mode and wind will blown this drone away. If you gonna see you lose the control of the drone just enter command GPS ON and it will exit atti mode (REMOTE_ID enables)

ENJOY!

POST EDITED WITH NEW INSTRUCTIONS 2024-09-05
1000 meters? Are you serious? What could go wrong…?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizzfu