DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attn: Massachusetts Drone Pilots

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The STOP Illicit Drones Act is headed to committee Wednesday (7/19).

Senator Markey is on the committee, so please reach out to him and ask him to vote against it.

This bill, if passed, will forbid the FAA from using DJI, and forbid anyone who contracts for, or receives grant funds from the FAA from doing the same thing.

Grants such as the FAA's Workforce Development Grant. Of the 12 pilot grants handed out this year, 11 of them use drones in one form or another to teach people about the aviation industry. I'm part of one of those, and the person who wrote the grant included DJI Mini 3 Pro and BetaFPV Cetus drones to teach with. By the end of the summer, this program will have taught 72 high school kids, and 18 teachers from rural and economically challenged districts about the love of aviation. Three of the students and one of the teachers already mentioned to me that they want to go back and start a drone business.

If this passes, programs such as this won't be available any more. There simply aren't any comparable drones made outside China.

Please take a moment this weekend to reach out to Senator Markey and tell him to vote no, and not let this Act out of committee. In an industry already suffering pilot and mechanic shortages, we can't let politics reduce the chances for anyone who may want to join the aviation workforce after school.

You can use this link to send him your comments.

The attacks on DJI drone use in the USA are not only unfounded, and politically motivated, but it will end the business for most of us. There are no other drones that compare to DJI or Autel.

There are no other drones that compare to DJI or Autel.
In terms of Drone technology, I wholeheartedly agree. However, there are many questions having to do with privacy. One of the greatest objections to Chinese companies, although this may not apply to DJI, is that they steal American patents and Innovations.

In terms of Drone technology, I wholeheartedly agree. However, there are many questions having to do with privacy. One of the greatest objections to Chinese companies, although this may not apply to DJI, is that they steal American patents and Innovations.
This is definitely an issue for all of the tech. But the fed's argument is that they pose a security risk. There is no proof of that.

As far as privacy, that's not an issue either. The SCOTUS has determined that anything visible from the NAS has no "reasonable expectation of privacy". So drones aren't a privacy issue.

That doesn't mean can't be used for spying on people, but that's not a reason to ban Chinese ones.

Senator Makey is part of the problem,don’t waste your time……politicians here in masshole love to come up with laws that are what they call “common sense “ as they talk about things they have no knowledge whatsoever……there is not a day that my wife and i dont talk about moving out of this state

Reactions: Jam0ne
Senator Makey is part of the problem,don’t waste your time……politicians here in masshole love to come up with laws that are what they call “common sense “ as they talk about things they have no knowledge whatsoever……there is not a day that my wife and i dont talk about moving out of this state
Maybe so, but if we don't do anything we don't have a right to complain is this goes through.

Innacation = support of the bill.

Senator Markey is on the committee, so please reach out to him and ask him to vote against it.

This bill, if passed, will forbid the FAA from using DJI, and forbid anyone who contracts for, or receives grant funds from the FAA from doing the same thing.

Grants such as the FAA's Workforce Development Grant. Of the 12 pilot grants handed out this year, 11 of them use drones in one form or another to teach people about the aviation industry. I'm part of one of those, and the person who wrote the grant included DJI Mini 3 Pro and BetaFPV Cetus drones to teach with. By the end of the summer, this program will have taught 72 high school kids, and 18 teachers from rural and economically challenged districts about the love of aviation. Three of the students and one of the teachers already mentioned to me that they want to go back and start a drone business.

If this passes, programs such as this won't be available any more. There simply aren't any comparable drones made outside China.

Please take a moment this weekend to reach out to Senator Markey and tell him to vote no, and not let this Act out of committee. In an industry already suffering pilot and mechanic shortages, we can't let politics reduce the chances for anyone who may want to join the aviation workforce after school.

Note duly sent to Sen Markey. David Allen, Concord MA

I just sent him a message through his website, I didn't see this until the 22nd, I hope it's not too late

I just sent him a message through his website, I didn't see this until the 22nd, I hope it's not too late
They pushed the committee to next week. You’re good. Thanks!

Reactions: New England Droning
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope