DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

audio from drone

You can use Adobe Auditon and remove the Prop Sound entirely and that way you can only hear what the drone is recording for a nicer result.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I had no idea. That could open up all kinds of cool new effects for our Drone videos.

Have you done this personally and how did it turn out?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I had no idea. That could open up all kinds of cool new effects for our Drone videos.

Have you done this personally and how did it turn out?

It worked great, took out all the prop sound , and it was easy once you knew the steps on how to use the adobe Audion software, you could not hear the Prop Sounds at all as the Software just erases it once it knows what to look for.
  1. Open your audio file in Audition and click on Effects > Provide a sample of the prop noise
  2. Select the Capture Noise and Reduction.
  3. Slide the slider until all prop noise is gone.
Than you import the sound back on the Adobe Timeline.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Xi Zhou and BigAl07
It worked great, took out all the prop sound , and it was easy once you knew the steps on how to use the adobe Audion software, you could not hear the Prop Sounds at all as the Software just erases it once it knows what to look for.
  1. Open your audio file in Audition and click on Effects > Provide a sample of the prop noise
  2. Select the Capture Noise and Reduction.
  3. Slide the slider until all prop noise is gone.
Than you import the sound back on the Adobe Timeline.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.. .

Have a sample file to share? Can you end up with useable audio? For example, could a normal conversation be heard from 50 feet?

(I have no intention of recording conversations, I'm just trying to get a feel for what a drone-mounted mic could pick up. It might be interesting to have the sound of a waterfall and thunderstorm videos could certainly be spiced up with sound.)

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
For sounds that aren’t close to the drone, like thunderstorms and waterfalls, it is easier and of higher quality to use a hand held digital recorder with far higher quality, and much lower distortion from the heavily processed audio that removes the prop noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman