DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aussie Registration?

Hi there. I recently completed a drone operators course in Perth with an approved CASA trainer. They train lots of private and government organisations all over Oz and Singapore. We intend to undertake limited commercial flying ops with these new business skills for business photography so there are many compliance mandatory requirements. As a business operator your are obliged to comply with many rules.

Non-commercially the fundamentals are still mandatory so there are no short cuts. It's a combination of safety and common sense. Once you have the basics sorted there is also a very high fun element too. My wife just bought me a Mav 2 for Xmas 2018 and I also learned on a Mav Pro so the transition was very easy. I've been into model RC flying scene since I was a child so I have a very high awareness of the issues with safety.

I also have a couple of budget drones like my MJX 101 and Syma X5sw. They are some much harder to fly than the Mavs but they teach you lots of patience and pilot skills. Going on to Mavs was a real treat.

I'm waiting for my CASA certification for business purposes and based on my recent training

List of recommendations – Parliament of Australia

Remotely piloted aircraft systems - frequently asked questions
Good for you I say and best of luck in your commercial endeavors.

However, I'm 73 years old and currently hold a drivers license, unrestricted motorcycle license and a marine license, all of which required proficiency testing.
The thing is, at my age I don't want to spend $1500 or so earn a certificate so that I might 'learn' to fly my drone 'safely' when I'm quite capable of doing that now. I'm not a cowboy and obey the rules.
Unfortunately, no amount of bureaucracy and certification will stop fools from doing their thing.

Reactions: Tim Santa Maria
Good for you I say and best of luck in your commercial endeavors.

However, I'm 73 years old and currently hold a drivers license, unrestricted motorcycle license and a marine license, all of which required proficiency testing.
The thing is, at my age I don't want to spend $1500 or so earn a certificate so that I might 'learn' to fly my drone 'safely' when I'm quite capable of doing that now. I'm not a cowboy and obey the rules.
Unfortunately, no amount of bureaucracy and certification will stop fools from doing their thing.

Great response!!! Flying my Mav helps to temporarily distract me these responsibilities : )

Reactions: noosaguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk