DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo release date set, reviews already up.

mascot

Reactions
Discus.

In the reviews I noticed the horizon being off a bit, also, a slight fish eye to the lens... I kind of like that.

What are your thoughts on the evo?

My thoughts are that until they don't release it... It's all but a joke to me. I don't trust a company with only a single drone as their only product for sale... That's tell me that they don't have not innovation at all.

My thoughts are that until they don't release it... It's all but a joke to me. I don't trust a company with only a single drone as their only product for sale... That's tell me that they don't have not innovation at all.
But they just announced the release date, 6-25-18

A lot of the market will go for the evo, if dji wants to be king they’d need to squash autel sales by releasing a Mavic Pro 2 before the 25th, otherwise people’s monies will go to autel.

Reactions: KentA and HVYMTL
I really wanted to like this drone but it uses wifi so I won't be buying one unless they have found a way to make their wifi connection more reliable than other companies have.

This has the 3DR Solo written all over it LOL

Reactions: macoman
No GEO nonsense, no data sent to China, built in screen, 4K at 60 fps, 100 mbs, rear sensors, 30 min flight time, very quiet. There is a lot to like about EVO.
If they were releasing the model with the 1" sensor, they could own this market.

It doesn’t use WiFi.
Same range as Mavic Pro

I see they claim same range as the MP but on their specs it says;

Video Link Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz
Receiver Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz

If not wifi what is it. Sorry I'm only techy enough to be dangerous.

It's actually a very impressive drone. It also uses 900 mHz, which will punch through obstacles a bit better than the shorter wavelengths. It has about the same range and speed as the MP. The gimbal is removable, and the Gimbal cable is plug-in. The camera shoots 4K @ 60 fps.

Autel claims that the Evo is much less susceptible to mag interference. If true, that's pretty good. So far, it seems slightly better than the MP, as expected. Its service center in Seattle is can be reached by phone 8 AM - 6 PM Pacific 7 days/week.

So far, it'll only be shipped with the 1/2.3" sensor, because of supply problems with the Sony 1" sensor. Maybe the same reason that the MP II isn't shipping yet.

I'm very impressed so far. But I'll still wait for the MP II.

Here's a link to a test flight:

It's actually a very impressive drone. It also uses 900 mHz, which will punch through obstacles a bit better than the shorter wavelengths. It has about the same range and speed as the MP. The gimbal is removable, and the Gimbal cable is plug-in. The camera shoots 4K @ 60 fps.

Autel claims that the Evo is much less susceptible to mag interference. If true, that's pretty good. So far, it seems slightly better than the MP, as expected. Its service center in Seattle is can be reached by phone 8 AM - 6 PM Pacific 7 days/week.

So far, it'll only be shipped with the 1/2.3" sensor, because of supply problems with the Sony 1" sensor. Maybe the same reason that the MP II isn't shipping yet.

I'm very impressed so far. But I'll still wait for the MP II.

Here's a link to a test flight:

Actually the 900 mHz was removed before the release, at least according to their online specs and the Autel representative who was commenting on their FB page yesterday. I wish I was wrong but it appears to be so.

ive had 2500 for 4 months waiting on a mp2 and came close several times to getting an obsidian but im fairly sure an Autel will join my stable of 2 MP'S,a phantom and a perky little spark.

Just finished charting with autel, 900mhz was scrapped because they want to sell in Europe and that signal is used there for emergency services.
They claim 7km on the 2.4mhz

i'll hang on to my .700 mavic until i buy a non-dji product with a 1" sensor ... or i'll DIY. no more dji for me.

A lot of the market will go for the evo, if dji wants to be king they’d need to squash autel sales by releasing a Mavic Pro 2 before the 25th, otherwise people’s monies will go to autel.
Do u really believe that the evo is a “threat” to djis’ market share? It seems to me that dji makes quite good products and they have a good deal of saturation in the market. I think that autel would really have to have a stunningly reliable and performance product,not to mention a much lower price point,to unseat dji. However,good for autel! If their product does anything better than dji,for a better price....ma6be they will grab a sliver of the pie. I’m just a bit doubtful.

Reactions: Drgnfli
solve the whining,buy what you want or like me and get both.

Do u really believe that the evo is a “threat” to djis’ market share?

DJI makes a good product, and they sell a LOT of them, but their communistic business practices have, and will continue to displease people. when (not if) enough people become displeased with ridiculous NFZ, crappy customer service, warranty denials, etc ... SOMEBODY will step up as the "kinder, gentler drone manufacturer" and, yes, be a threat to DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803