DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization Zone Nearby

TerryToast

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
AB023489-06EA-42D2-B86C-2BBAE5695496.jpegDoes anyone know what will happen if I mistakenly fly from normal (unrestricted) airspace into an authorization zone and I don’t have an unlock code?

The warning message I got on my drone today (attached) implies that the drone will stop and “hover”. That’s fine, but can reverse back out of the Authorization Zone, to get my drone back into the normal airspace? Or will it be stuck and hover, refusing to move?

Please note, I’ve read the posts about entering an Authorization Code to allow entry into the Authorization Zone. However it looks painful and unreliable, so I can’t be bothered.

Thanks,
Terry

Typically the drone won't actually enter the authorization zone unless you've unlocked it. If the drone stops at the border you should be able to manually fly it back home.

I have the same concern.

Has anyone experienced the drone behaviour at the encounter with an authorization zone? I want to take some photos of a building at the very border of the authorization zone and I want to get as close as the drone will allow me.

I obviously don't want to experience a forced landing or similar.

Ar we 100% sure that the drone will not enter the authorization zone and that I will be able to fly it back instead of a forced landing on top of a building/street/tree?

I have the same concern.

Has anyone experienced the drone behaviour at the encounter with an authorization zone? I want to take some photos of a building at the very border of the authorization zone and I want to get as close as the drone will allow me.

I obviously don't want to experience a forced landing or similar.

Ar we 100% sure that the drone will not enter the authorization zone and that I will be able to fly it back instead of a forced landing on top of a building/street/tree?
The drone will stop and hover at the edge of an NFZ.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada