DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization Zone Unlocked but Showing Expired?

skybanditpictures

Reactions
I have a job coming up next week that's close to an airport. I already got FAA approval and unlocked the zone with DJI. This shows up in the app and I imported the info to my drone. All good so far but double checked things today in preparation and have a few questions...

1. It looks like the import to the aircraft is fine but the status is showing expired even though the date is upcoming. Any idea why? Is this still ok?

2. I tried importing this to another drone just to have a backup. In that case it's also showing expired and I'm not able to import it.

I can't afford to have any issues with this job so trying to dot my i's and cross my t's ahead of time. Any help much appreciated.

The unlock is usually good for 3 days. If you are within that 3 day period it shows valid. If you are before or after the three day period it shows expired. But if you are before, it will change to valid as soon as the date of the authorization arrives.

Reactions: skybanditpictures
Thanks Pavlik! Just to clarify...the unlock date begins Feb 3. Does that mean it won't show valid until Feb 3 or it will show valid on Feb 1 which is within the 3 day period you mentioned?

If the unlock period starts Feb 3 it likely is valid from Feb 3 to Feb 5 (you should be able to see the validity dates). So in your case I would not expect it to show valid until 12:01 AM Feb 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98