DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorize DJI to access your information

dgd3

Reactions
Authorize DJI to access your information
I never got the screens in the previous update, I'm looking for comments?IMG_1207.JPGIMG_1208.JPGIMG_1209.JPG

Reactions: Slick
I think you’ll find that they had access before this, they now have to give you the option not to. Trouble is, look at the list of functions you’ll lose if you do say no!

Last edited:
This is what happens when you update!:( Maybe?:confused:,
Probably.:eek:..

Reactions: BMW Z4
Has anybody answered these questions with the new update and carried on? Has anyone not done these updates and flown? I'm looking for experience in this with the new update.

Has anybody answered these questions with the new update and carried on? Has anyone not done these updates and flown? I'm looking for experience in this with the new update.
Yes I have accepted all the access requests. Yes I have flown since. No, I have not had any problems

Reactions: dgd3
I think you’ll find that they had access before this, they now have to give you the option not to. Trouble is, look at the list of functions you’ll lose if you do say know!
Can you spell D-I-S-H-O-N-E-S-T??

There is a big difference between the GO 4 app having access to your data to perform its functions, and the GO 4 app sending that data to some remote server.

I don’t have a problem with my data being used by the app to perform the function for which I installed it, AS LONG AS IT STAYS ON MY PHONE.

The infuriating thing is that DJI doesn’t need any external connection in order to fly. Yes, the app needs to get map data somehow to display it, and the app needs to know where you are to correctly place you on the map, but it does NOT need to send your personal information to DJI servers, for you to be able to use it.

Why would the GO 4 app need a connection to DJI for Find My Drone to work? The app knows lat/long from the telemetry coming into your device from the drone. It’s not rocket science to figure out that where the drone was reporting itself to be at loss of telemetry signal is where you should start looking.

The truth that they aren’t telling you is that they want to collect data about your specific system FOR THEIR BENEFIT, when they could get most of it in less intrusive ways. I can see why they might need to identify your specific system to diagnose a problem, but to just bulk-collect all that for every single DJI drone?

The problem is by no means limited to DJI. There seems to be an attitude among app developers that they are entitled to collect any data they can get, and use it for whatever purpose. They try to feign respect for your data by citing a “Privacy Policy”, which they know few people will read, and even fewer will understand. The overwhelming majority of the ones I’ve read are very one sided, and have loopholes big enough to drive a truck through.

Evo seems alot less intrusive. You don't have to activate, register at all. Just charge and fly. Actually, I just flew right out of the box, didn't even charge. Didn't calibrate the compass. They said there's no need to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird