DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Exposure question

rfc

Reactions
Took the MPP on it's maiden flight this morning. All went well, generally. Because I wasn't filming, but just flying, I left the camera in auto mode. It seems the right scroll wheel still controlled the shutter speed and/or ISO...can't remember which. There seemed to be no difference between auto mode and manual mode.
Auto would be fine if it was working correctly, but even on a very gloomy grey day, it seemed the auto exposure was way over exposed...hence the need to increase shutter speed.

Cant find anything in the manual on this quirk. Is there a calibration routine for the auto mode? Is there some other setting I'm overlooking? My only "seat time" is low hours in a P3A. Thanks in advance for advice.

In auto, the wheel controls the Exposure Value (EV) by altering the shutter seed.
You might set it to +0.3 and the shutter will go a bit slower to allow increased exposure and brighter image.

My beef with auto mode is that it will drastically change exposure based on percentage light/dark.
So if you have the gimbal at -30 and raise it to -10 or 0 the sky will throw everything below into darkness.
I now raise the gimbal to 0, set the exposure to max out the histogram on the right then leave it there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki