DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto or manual exposure for the upcoming solar eclipse

Uh, no.

Meteors, possible, but no rule can mitigate the risk of a meteor strike.

Aliens? Impossible.

Birds? Unlikely but hardly a remote risk. People post here regularly about bird close encounters, and even the occasional strike.

Low-flying aircraft? All the time in urban areas... helicopters.

While the risk is very low, it's not zero, and I'm betting that even you don't want to be responsible for bringing down a life flight helicopter with a critically injured victim hanging on to life.

Things like this aren't put on hold during eclipses, or other extraordinary events.

You must be lots of fun at parties.

Nothing in the original posters comment rose to level of recklessness or required other drone enthusiasts to look down their nose, wag their finger, and lecture them…… but here you are.

Last edited:
Prior preparation prevents poor performance! This is going to be fun!

Sorry for the delay. (At least you have 53 or so hours before the event to hopefully watch this).

This is P3 video in auto exposure mode. I didn't know what else to try at the time.

Note the car in mid to later part of the video off to the left. I thought it was really cool to see it's headlights go from totally visible to totally gone during the phase out of the eclipse.

• Love
Reactions: Zbip57
Sorry for the delay. (At least you have 53 or so hours before the event to hopefully watch this).

This is P3 video in auto exposure mode. I didn't know what else to try at the time.

Note the car in mid to later part of the video off to the left. I thought it was really cool to see it's headlights go from totally visible to totally gone during the phase out of the eclipse.

BTW- I'm going out to try this again on Monday with a Mavic2 Pro and a mini 4 Pro. I'd love any feedback on this video to help. My own personal thoughts are that hyperlapse would be cool, but isn't that doable during post if you get the initial video done properly? I'm still learning the post side of things.

Thanks for posting!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas