DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autobraking?

RKX

Reactions
While out this morning and flying around I had a weird thing happen, while flying off all of a sudden the mavic just stopped, the RC beeped several times and when I looked at the phone screen it said Autobraking, return sticks to center to continue flight.

so I would release the sticks and it would resume flying. if I tried to fly in that exact direction or spot i got the same stop and warning. I was far enough away from the helipad that is several KM out I am wondering if it was because of that, which brings up another question, does the dji NFZ take into account 5.5km from airports and only 1.8km from heliports or does it group them together.

I got no on screen warning about approaching a NFZ, just 'autobraking.'

It's likely you were flying in the right direction for sunlight to hit the forward vision system and glare would cause the object avoidance to think there was an object in range - hence the automatic braking.

You can toggle object avoidance off while retaining the FVS to prevent this, just be aware that the system won't try to prevent impact with trees/walls/people etc. while it's off.

Reactions: RKX
It's likely you were flying in the right direction for sunlight to hit the forward vision system and glare would cause the object avoidance to think there was an object in range - hence the automatic braking.

You can toggle object avoidance off while retaining the FVS to prevent this, just be aware that the system won't try to prevent impact with trees/walls/people etc. while it's off.

That's quite possible, as I was flying with the camera 90deg down and it still stopped. I will have to keep that one in mind. Thanks I hadn't thought of the sun causing an issue :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming