DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic altitude change in normal mode only when starting to go forward

Miob

Reactions
I just had my first flights with the air 2s and immediatly noticed something strange flying in normal mode. When hovering and then pushing the right stick forward to make the drone go forward the drone climb about 0.5 m in the first meter of going forward. Is this normal?

I tried cine mode and sport mode too, in these modes the drone maintains the same altitude.

I just had my first flights with the air 2s and immediatly noticed something strange flying in normal mode. When hovering and then pushing the right stick forward to make the drone go forward the drone climb about 0.5 m in the first meter of going forward. Is this normal?

I tried cine mode and sport mode too, in these modes the drone maintains the same altitude.
With Air2S so new - who knows what is "normal."

Starting to see a lot of small issues with the new drone or is it "new pilots?"

If not caused by and corrected by a sticks calibration, do an imu calibration (both done in ap). Either can happen from shipping, not too uncommon.

No consumer drone is going to be accurate in altitude to 1/2m 1.5ft.

I've gotten altitude drift as much as 3ft 1m.

If you're low enough then bottom sensors will read the terrain. If the ground comes up, so might the quad altitude relative to takeoff.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun