DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Automatic" Battery discharge Question

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I charged all 3 batteries at the same time. 2 were in my case and the third is in the AC and none used. AC not powered on during that time yet the 2 batteries OUT of the AC did their "auto-discharge" but the one in the AC remains at full power. It's been sitting in the closet for about 2 weeks until now when I checked the charge. IS the one IN THE AC not supposed to auto-discharge?

I charged all 3 batteries at the same time. 2 were in my case and the third is in the AC and none used. AC not powered on during that time yet the 2 batteries OUT of the AC did their "auto-discharge" but the one in the AC remains at full power. It's been sitting in the closet for about 2 weeks until now when I checked the charge. IS the one IN THE AC not supposed to auto-discharge?
Presumably, if the batteries are all on the latest battery FW, they should, but the recent focus was on the Mini 2 batteries, not the MA2 batteries. I wish I could replicate your battery behavior, so at least one battery wouldn't auto-discharge unless I wanted it to! Starting out with 96% battery after 24 hours is really annoying, and reduction to 70% within 5 days means there is no way to have your kit always at the ready without constant maintenance of the batteries. Let the user decide!

All 3 should be discharging based their last activation. Whether you're turning on the drone, charging the battery or pressing the power button to check the levels the timer starts at the point when you last see the green lights on the battery, be it in drone or on your desk. I would check each battery to make sure the firmware is up to date on each and then number the batteries, if you haven't already, to see by switching them out if it's always the same battery or the battery in the drone.

I noticed this on my Air 2S a few weeks back but haven't had the chance to try and replicate the issue.

Presumably, if the batteries are all on the latest battery FW, they should, but the recent focus was on the Mini 2 batteries, not the MA2 batteries. I wish I could replicate your battery behavior, so at least one battery wouldn't auto-discharge unless I wanted it to! Starting out with 96% battery after 24 hours is really annoying, and reduction to 70% within 5 days means there is no way to have your kit always at the ready without constant maintenance of the batteries. Let the user decide!

Completely agree. I'm based in Ireland and the weather is unpredictable at best. Not having them all charged and ready to go once you get a clear sky is very frustrating, and constantly charging them 'just in case' will only reduce their lifespan :/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom