DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot help

R1Mavic

Reactions
I bought this yesterday and attempted to use it. Soooooo much to learn within this app. First question, how are people using this on a device that doesn't have access to the Internet? I use an iPhone 7+ that I had laying around to fly my drone. While I was playing with the app the map of my location appeared and I was able to plan an orbit. I drove to a location to test it and since I wasn't connected to wifi anymore, the app wasn't able to produce a map for the new location. How is it possible to make a flight plan with no map?
The deciding factor to spend the $30 on this app was the ability of taking my drone on vacations where there's no cell service and get some great footage. At this point, I am not sure that's possible. Also, if you live anywhere near a "no fly zone" you get an error 1008 and cannot use the app. For me, this means I cannot fly anywhere near my home and I'm roughly 10 miles from airport.

i think once you save the mission it creates a cache version of the map. you just have to make sure to zoom in on the map while creating your mission and zoom out so it caches more areas of the map.

am not sure about the "no fly zone" .. .

Reactions: R1Mavic
Interesting. I just saved the whole area I am in for work. Going to run out and try it since I will be offline.

i think once you save the mission it creates a cache version of the map. you just have to make sure to zoom in on the map while creating your mission and zoom out so it caches more areas of the map.

am not sure about the "no fly zone" .. .

That was it...Thanks for the info.

Get a refund if you still can! I think Autopilot's not developing anymore...?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev