DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot Orbit Shakiness

I did another test. This is the best it has worked so far. It is still not perfect. The people drift to screen left. I can fix this with zooming and key framing.

This is the edited video.

I have yet to see any way that a drone can perfectly track the center in an orbit or a waypoint mission. When you do this does it track the center perfectly. It might be that mavic airs are not good enough, and this would work with an inspire or mavic pro.

this video is 2 mph. I tried at 8mph too and at that speed the people drift even further to screen left.

If you have time could you do this same test and see if your drone can focus on the center. Thanks

Reactions: brett8883
I did another test. This is the best it has worked so far. It is still not perfect. The people drift to screen left. I can fix this with zooming and key framing.

This is the edited video.

I have yet to see any way that a drone can perfectly track the center in an orbit or a waypoint mission. When you do this does it track the center perfectly. It might be that mavic airs are not good enough, and this would work with an inspire or mavic pro.

this video is 2 mph. I tried at 8mph too and at that speed the people drift even further to screen left.

If you have time could you do this same test and see if your drone can focus on the center. Thanks
NICE! You did a great job with it. It’s actually subjectively more cinematic with the subject moving in frame like that. I love how the the sun hits you at the end and you get that big long shadow. Well done!

Reactions: NoblenNutria
I am still finding Autopilot frustrating. My MA never stays focused on the POI. After filming I have to do a lot of key framing and zooming to fix the drift. Is this normal? I am thinking about upgrading to a mavic pro 2 and I wonder if I would have the same problem.

Do any of you know if the MA is maybe not optimized for autopilot? Maybe a MP2 would work better.

Do any of you know if the MA is maybe not optimized for autopilot?
Autopilot uses the SDK. The aircraft just executes the commands given from the control app.
You know that these consumer drones are not equipped with high accuracy GPS chips?
Therefore you should expect not so precise results.

Maybe a MP2 would work better.
Autopilot does not work with Mavic 2 series.

Autopilot uses the SDK. The aircraft just executes the commands given from the control app.
You know that these consumer drones are not equipped with high accuracy GPS chips?
Therefore you should expect not so precise results.

Autopilot does not work with Mavic 2 series.
Autopilot does not work with the mavic 2 pro? I find this hard to believe. Does it work with the inspire series? Why doesn’t it work with the mavic 2 pro?

Autopilot does not work with the mavic 2 pro? I find this hard to believe. Does it work with the inspire series? Why doesn’t it work with the mavic 2 pro?
Thats because the Hangar guys stopped development on Autopilot.
The last aircraft which worked with Autopilot is the Mavic AIR.

Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 work perfect with Autopilot.

Reactions: NoblenNutria
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna