DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autumn pics

steve1968

Reactions
Cross roads with of road, rail and water.

ddbcba0c0f304a8be155692ebfe63b59.jpg

Here's a photo I took with my Mavic Air a couple of weeks ago, before all the colors faded. It's an HDR shot over a park a couple of miles north of where I live. The park woods are in the foreground, and Hoover Reservoir can be seen in the upper right. I'm missing the fall colors already. :)

HDR_0001-HDR.jpg

Larry

Larry, wow! How'd you get those colors to *pop* like that? A lot of post production? Great photo. Here's one from yesterday with my MA. I've noticed a similarity with MA still shots from everyone - the brown-ish / red-ish / orange-ish colors seem very prevalent. I did this one with the HDR setting (trying it out for first time).

DJI_0324.JPG

Reactions: larryc43230
Larry, wow! How'd you get those colors to *pop* like that? A lot of post production? Great photo. Here's one from yesterday with my MA. I've noticed a similarity with MA still shots from everyone - the brown-ish / red-ish / orange-ish colors seem very prevalent. I did this one with the HDR setting (trying it out for first time).
Excellent shot, Shuggins!

I'm not terribly impressed with the Mavic Air's built-in HDR feature. What I typically do (and did for this photo) is to shoot an HDR image with the drone, with the file type set to RAW+JPEG. This gives me an HDR image that the drone creates in JPEG format, plus three RAW (DNG) images that I can use for post-processing. After I transfer the files from the drone, I use Adobe Lightroom's "Merge to HDR" feature to combine the three exposures (in DNG format) into one HDR image. I almost always prefer Lightroom's rendition over the Mavic's version. After that, I tweak the image as needed to correct shadows and highlights and such. The HDR image I posted above required maybe five minutes of Lightroom work to create.

Larry

Reactions: Seakayaker
Wow. Okay, that's it. Time to switch to Lightroom. I've heard too many good things about it. 5 minutes is nothing to get photos like those. I like how you get your photos AWAY from the drab, earth tones that the pure MA camera seems to gravitate towards. I will try the technique you mentioned.

Today is the last day of nice weather here in North Texas. Leaves will be all gone come next week. I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

MA owners, got any "last minute" Autumn pics to share? Love seeing them all.

rcdean- awesome! What a nice framed shot that is. Since you are obviously in cold weather. How do you feel MA performs in the cold? It's 75 degrees here in Dallas, so I've yet to fly in 30-ish degree weather yet.

Reactions: rcdean
Wow. Okay, that's it. Time to switch to Lightroom. I've heard too many good things about it. 5 minutes is nothing to get photos like those. I like how you get your photos AWAY from the drab, earth tones that the pure MA camera seems to gravitate towards. I will try the technique you mentioned.

Today is the last day of nice weather here in North Texas. Leaves will be all gone come next week. I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

MA owners, got any "last minute" Autumn pics to share? Love seeing them all.
Try On1 Raw 2019, it has a 30 free trial and is a lot like Lightroom. And unlike Lightroom you can buy it - ON1 Photo RAW 2019 30-Day Free Trial – ON1
I am a beginner and it has been easy to learn.

Reactions: Shuggins
rcdean- awesome! What a nice framed shot that is. Since you are obviously in cold weather. How do you feel MA performs in the cold? It's 75 degrees here in Dallas, so I've yet to fly in 30-ish degree weather yet.

I flew it at 16 degrees for a few minutes a few weeks ago. I didn't send it out too far just up. Seemed to do ok. I think it is important to keep the batteries warm in the car heater or whatever and put the battery in when you are ready to fly. If the batteries get too cold then I think it affects its ability to produce power. I'll be testing it a lot more this winter.

Reactions: Shuggins

View attachment 54217
I wonder what happens if you were to shoot a raw image and then adjust the colors with Adobe's lightroom. In raw, the natural colors will all be saved and with Lightroom you can bring those colors back to life. I use it for underwater photography which is much more challenging because as we go deeper we no longer see the colors because the water absorbs the spectrum. But with lights, strobes and Lightroom I can bring the colors back.

I wonder what happens if you were to shoot a raw image and then adjust the colors with Adobe's lightroom. In raw, the natural colors will all be saved and with Lightroom you can bring those colors back to life. I use it for underwater photography which is much more challenging because as we go deeper we no longer see the colors because the water absorbs the spectrum. But with lights, strobes and Lightroom I can bring the colors back.

This is how I handle all of my photography (with my cameras and with my drone). I always shoot in RAW and use Lightroom (and sometimes Photoshop) to post-process.

I also own ON1 RAW, and use it when appropriate. It works well with both Lightroom and Photoshop, so I get the best of both worlds.

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661