DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Autumn

Hi Akos,
you have some very nice shots of amazing landscapes in your video, very smoth flying too! The music fits well but in my opinion it gets a little too overblown from 1.08 to 1.33
One thing that disturbs the overall positive aspect are the black dissolves! You rather should put a normal dissolve that would look way better....Only my two cent,
I hope you don´t mind ;)
cheers Paul

Reactions: kovacsakos0723
Hi Akos,
you have some very nice shots of amazing landscapes in your video, very smoth flying too! The music fits well but in my opinion it gets a little too overblown from 1.08 to 1.33
One thing that disturbs the overall positive aspect are the black dissolves! You rather should put a normal dissolve that would look way better....Only my two cent,
I hope you don´t mind ;)
cheers Paul
Thanks for your comment.Often i have problem with blown outs.I use nd filter too but my color grading skills are not the best.I have to learn a lot.I love my mavic 2 zoom but i think i have to change to mavic 2 pro or (mavic 3).Mavic 2 zoom has not the best camera specially for the shadows.

Very nice. Color grading is something I have yet to learn.

Did you use an anamorphic lens or just add the black bars?
I use just black bars because then i can move the clip up and down.
For example: In the clip there is a sky which is full cloudy.That mean 90% of the sky blows out.
If i can move up the clip then you not see the cloudy sky or just half of the sky and then it is better.(I think)
Adobe premiere pro: adjustment layer +crop effect

Hi Akos,
you´r welcome! I didt talk about image blown outs but abou the music which gets a little bit too overblown. Concerning color grading/corrections you will surely get better and better, it´s only a question of eyercise! Oh, Mavic Pro 2 would be an amazing drone...Unfortunately for me it´s way too expensive because I am a retired and my budget is not quite big. But I am very satisfied wihh my Mavic Mini. It produces very good images, good enough for me ;) !
have a nice day and cheers
Paul

Hi Akos,
you´r welcome! I didt talk about image blown outs but abou the music which gets a little bit too overblown. Concerning color grading/corrections you will surely get better and better, it´s only a question of eyercise! Oh, Mavic Pro 2 would be an amazing drone...Unfortunately for me it´s way too expensive because I am a retired and my budget is not quite big. But I am very satisfied wihh my Mavic Mini. It produces very good images, good enough for me ;) !
have a nice day and cheers
Paul
Hi Jack43,
I know drones are expensive.
I think everything is about WHEN want we do a good shoots.
I had a mavic mini also.
Daytime with enough light mavic mini and zoom are making a good shoots, but early in the morning or afternoon when there are many shadows it is a bit hard to make a quality footage.
I think it doesnt matter you have a cheap or expensive drone.If you like it and if you enjoy it than everything is okay.
(I'm a hungarian man but now i live in germany.I have started to forgot my english skills :) )

Hi Jack43,
I know drones are expensive.
I think everything is about WHEN want we do a good shoots.
I had a mavic mini also.
Daytime with enough light mavic mini and zoom are making a good shoots, but early in the morning or afternoon when there are many shadows it is a bit hard to make a quality footage.
I think it doesnt matter you have a cheap or expensive drone.If you like it and if you enjoy it than everything is okay.
(I'm a hungarian man but now i live in germany.I have started to forgot my english skills
Hi Akos,
oh yes, unfortunately some of the drones are too expensive for me! But as normally I shoot during daytime it´s quite ok concerning the image quality! But if one day I have a 6 in the lottery....I bua a Mavic Pro 2...And until the I go on dreaming :rolleyes: :) ;)
I am A Swissman living in Germany too and my english skills are good enough to make normal conversations!
Where in Germany do you live?
cheers Paul

Hi Akos,
oh yes, unfortunately some of the drones are too expensive for me! But as normally I shoot during daytime it´s quite ok concerning the image quality! But if one day I have a 6 in the lottery....I bua a Mavic Pro 2...And until the I go on dreaming :rolleyes: :) ;)
I am A Swissman living in Germany too and my english skills are good enough to make normal conversations!
Where in Germany do you live?
cheers Paul
I live in Bayern close to München.

I hope the new drone laws give us more space or freedom.
Oh not so far away from where I live! 35km west of Augsburg!
I live in Eching.(A9)
I hope the new drone laws give us a bit more of space or freedom.I have made a "drone driving license" but next year i have to make another.

I live in Eching.(A9)
I hope the new drone laws give us a bit more of space or freedom.I have made a "drone driving license" but next year i have to make another.
My small village is Ziemetshauen! It seems that I am a lucky man because with my Mavic Mini I do not have to make a license :) For the moment I don´t care about such stuff...Fortunately;)

My small village is Ziemetshauen! It seems that I am a lucky man because with my Mavic Mini I do not have to make a license :) For the moment I don´t care about such stuff...Fortunately;)
Yes.Because of weight of your mini you dont have to care about but if you use an nd filter then your mini is more than 250g(I think)
I had a few problems with my drone because german people dont like it and all they say "naturschutz" and i brake their private life because it is loud and noisy and the camera.

Yes.Because of weight of your mini you dont have to care about but if you use an nd filter then your mini is more than 250g(I think)
I had a few problems with my drone because german people dont like it and all they say "naturschutz" and i brake their private life because it is loud and noisy and the camera.
Normally I don not use ND. Only If I shoot at very low altitude (5-10 meters) becasue of the motion blur! The Mini when it is at abot 40-50 meters high it´s barely visible nad one can´t hear him! It´s really a problem to fly in certain locations!
The video Indian Summer I made was not a problem because all the shots are made in a rather uninhabited area!

Normally I don not use ND. Only If I shoot at very low altitude (5-10 meters) becasue of the motion blur! The Mini when it is at abot 40-50 meters high it´s barely visible nad one can´t hear him! It´s really a problem to fly in certain locations!
The video Indian Summer I made was not a problem because all the shots are made in a rather uninhabited area!
I watched your indian summer video.Its beautiful.
And i also subscribed to you channel!!! :)

Very well shot! A good mix of movements, dissolves and great scenery. As others have mentioned, grading will help lift the darker regions and help with the highlights. If you want to get involved in grading then I would definitely recommend shooting in DLog. The resulting clips will look flat and lifeless but once graded you’ll find you can better preserve the highlights and shadow areas to give good, contrasty footage.

Very well shot! A good mix of movements, dissolves and great scenery. As others have mentioned, grading will help lift the darker regions and help with the highlights. If you want to get involved in grading then I would definitely recommend shooting in DLog. The resulting clips will look flat and lifeless but once graded you’ll find you can better preserve the highlights and shadow areas to give good, contrasty footage.
Hello
Thanks for your comment.Unfortunately my mavic 2 zoom cant shot in Dlog just in D-cinelike.I know grading can lift up the darker regions but then i get a noisy video.With contrast i can help a bit but i thinks its because of the small camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman