DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avata 2

I hope there is an FPV 2 first before they get to Avata 2. The Avata 1 is still pretty fun and I haven't fully worn it out yet unlike the FPV 1 equipment is getting old and the drone has been around for quite awhile and could use some improvements. An updated FPV 2 with all new controls would be super nice although I wouldn't hate on the next Avata.

Reactions: SWTSU and Cafguy
I would buy a 2 Series of the FPV. Hopefully they will make it easier to repair! That is my biggest concern with adding a DJI FPV to the Hanger. I should have just gotten one because They are a blast to fly ( I have to ask my buddy now) and besides I almost paid the same price Buying the googles and controller separately for a different Drone with O3.
The Avata seems to be doing quite well in its own little niche SO we may be waiting a bit more.
I am really more of a Cinelog guy when it comes to whoops, But If they would simply Do some frame redesigns and add a bit more power- they would have a Great whoop to follow the Avata IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
I hope there is an FPV 2 first before they get to Avata 2. The Avata 1 is still pretty fun and I haven't fully worn it out yet unlike the FPV 1 equipment is getting old and the drone has been around for quite awhile and could use some improvements. An updated FPV 2 with all new controls would be super nice although I wouldn't hate on the next Avata.
This reply fits me perfectly.

Avata 2: Smaller (2.5" props), more powerful, faster, 100% user repairable with all parts easily purchased on line, Mini 4 Pro camera (although no 3-axis gimbal). Put some serious work into low-light performance.

Avata 2: Smaller (2.5" props), more powerful, faster, 100% user repairable with all parts easily purchased on line, Mini 4 Pro camera (although no 3-axis gimbal). Put some serious work into low-light performance.
I would love that too but wouldn't something like that from DJI run around $1500 - $2000? Meaning, *if* you want to keep or improve the current outstanding capabilities (i.e battery life, O4, etc).

Just a wild thought here----Everybody wants a better FPV and a better Avata. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a hybrid or cross between the 2 to work with the new goggles coming. Maybe a 4 or 5" prop version of the Avata way overpowered for wild freestyle guys. You have the durability of a rigid frame and performance of the FPV. Nothing would be able to touch it. Face it---with goggles and MC2 working with a bunch of camera drones nowadays, what is the need for a new Avata--other than fix the washout issue.

Just a wild thought here----Everybody wants a better FPV and a better Avata. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a hybrid or cross between the 2 to work with the new goggles coming. Maybe a 4 or 5" prop version of the Avata way overpowered for wild freestyle guys. You have the durability of a rigid frame and performance of the FPV. Nothing would be able to touch it. Face it---with goggles and MC2 working with a bunch of camera drones nowadays, what is the need for a new Avata--other than fix the washout issue.
I would buy a 2 Series of the FPV. Hopefully they will make it easier to repair! That is my biggest concern with adding a DJI FPV to the Hanger. I should have just gotten one because They are a blast to fly ( I have to ask my buddy now) and besides I almost paid the same price Buying the googles and controller separately for a different Drone with O3.
The Avata seems to be doing quite well in its own little niche SO we may be waiting a bit more.
I am really more of a Cinelog guy when it comes to whoops, But If they would simply Do some frame redesigns and add a bit more power- they would have a Great whoop to follow the Avata IMO.
What do you want to see on the DJI FPV 2?

What do you want to see on the DJI FPV 2?
Few things that bug me the most with FPV 1 are non-foldable props, no head tracking, no top speed in sport mode, not enough battery life and improvements a little bit better camera, and of course, more range and penetration O4 style.

Reactions: Cafguy
Plus a easy system to change a leg when you hit something with your Drone- Maybe a simple three screws and pull it out from the Frame or something like it. If you buy an FPV Drone and you want to have Fun with it, You WILL Crash it eventually and that shouldn't end your day of fun.
As for the Avata I think a lot of its "screech" Tone comes from those big ducts in the frame. I understand the need to make them more sturdier than other whoops But there should be a way to do it without trapping the props in a wide cage like that IMO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661