DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Average time from crash to buying another one?

JackL

Reactions
So I've lasted four days after I crashed and lost mine in the swamp...lol. Very additive hobby. Wondering if anyone else has faced a similar situation and how long you waited to go ahead and just bite the bullet. ;)

20210326_204021.jpg

Reactions: RMS001
Double your fun. One to fly and one as a backup.
Not the cheapest hobby by any means, but it is a fun one.
I don’t remember how long it took me to get number two after I got the first one. At some point, after about the fifth one, I knew I was hooked and there was no turning back.

Double your fun. One to fly and one as a backup.
Not the cheapest hobby by any means, but it is a fun one.
I don’t remember how long it took me to get number two after I got the first one. At some point, after about the fifth one, I knew I was hooked and there was no turning back.

I'm hooked enough already I was on the verge of getting a Mini2 for when travel resumes but since I already have so many batteries and filters for the MA2 it seemed like I really had no choice. I probably would have went for the FPV if this crash didn't happen. DJI is going to have my house before this is over...lol

So far so good on my end.

I've been flying a Spark since 2017 and added the MA2 to the hanger August 2020.

Oh sure, the Spark had a tumble or two over the years but the little bugger is tough.

The one advantage of losing an aircraft is that when you purchase the new fly more combo, you'll have twice the accessories at your disposal to use or sell on eBay if don't need the extra remote or batteries.

Keep several just in case ?

Reactions: JackL
I'm hooked enough already I was on the verge of getting a Mini2 for when travel resumes but since I already have so many batteries and filters for the MA2 it seemed like I really had no choice. I probably would have went for the FPV if this crash didn't happen. DJI is going to have my house before this is over...lol
The wife said "you think more of that drone than you do of me & you take it out more than me"
I replied "lets go for walk in the park"
She said "That's more like it". I said "I was talking to the drone" !!!!!
* My names Ian & im addicted*.
#(DRONE LIFE IS FOR ME)???????

So I've lasted four days after I crashed and lost mine in the swamp...lol. Very additive hobby. Wondering if anyone else has faced a similar situation and how long you waited to go ahead and just bite the bullet. ;)

View attachment 126304
didn’t you have care refresh ?

didn’t you have care refresh ?

I do but it is currently lost in 5' of Everglades swamp and I'm not sure I will be able to recover it. Even if I can, I really don't want to be droneless for weeks and weeks on end.

I'm about to activate the new drone and am wondering if I should even buy refresh for this one. I am thinking of putting it on my homeowners instead as some of the members here have recommended since almost all the flying I do has little chance of recovery if I pilot error this badly again.

I do but it is currently lost in 5' of Everglades swamp and I'm not sure I will be able to recover it. Even if I can, I really don't want to be droneless for weeks and weeks on end.

I'm about to activate the new drone and am wondering if I should even buy refresh for this one. I am thinking of putting it on my homeowners instead as some of the members here have recommended since almost all the flying I do has little chance of recovery if I pilot error this badly again.
Gotcha , yeah I have both types of insurance because I’m not sure how long State Farm would last if you started making claims but I too found out early on that you need back up drones

Now that’s what I like. A “glass is half full” kinda guy. It is true though ?? Godspeed

Reactions: MA2 317 and JackL

View attachment 126304
If I lost it in the morning,I'd be ordering another in the afternoon.Then call State Farm.

I’d also recommend a State Farm Personal Article Policy. I pay 60 a year and have my Mavic 2, DJI FPV, and mountain bike in it. I’ve had it for a few years and have never had to file a claim, but nice to have in case you need it.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028