DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AVOID Mavic Remote DISCHARGING with Android

heo3480

Reactions
I sometimes have a problem with my Mavic Pro remote discharging when using an Android phone with a low battery? There is a way around that problem, that will allow you to fly while charging ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2nckayakers
Henrik, I subscribed to your channel months ago just because Drones and Electric Unicycles seemed like such an odd combination to focus on. But I have to admit - I like your stuff!
I have great memories of working with Danes in Thule, Greenland in the middle of the freaking winter - cheers and Glædelig Jul!

@PT_Mavic thanks a lot ;-)

Yes, the combination is a fun one, but they combine my 2 greatest passions ;-)

When where you in Thule?

When where you in Thule?
Three times in the 1980s, working on the USAF tracking station. Every time in December or January, so I never got to actually SEE Thule.
And -60F (-51C) really hurts the throat and makes climbing steel less fun than you'd imagine....... o_O

Reactions: heo3480
I sometimes have a problem with my Mavic Pro remote discharging when using an Android phone with a low battery? There is a way around that problem, that will allow you to fly while charging ;-)
The video you posted shows how to solve your problem.

I had the remote die on me in mid-flight because I forgot to charge it. I used the USB/Mavic battery adapter that came with my FMC, hooked it to a spent Mavic battery (one led would light), and it powered the RC so I could control the flight back home.

The video you posted shows how to solve your problem.
That's him in the video. <snicker>

I had the remote die on me in mid-flight because I forgot to charge it. I used the USB/Mavic battery adapter that came with my FMC, hooked it to a spent Mavic battery (one led would light), and it powered the RC so I could control the flight back home.
Very smart and cool-headed thinking.

I'm surprised this topic keeps coming up, but I am also surprised that charging the controller with an external battery bank was never tried early on. Well I did it, because I fly at times 15-18 battery cycles on a hike. so I had to find a way to keep the controller charged. Interesting things happen when your controller powers off.. yup, RTH works... might want to reconsider if you want to turn on the controller after it has powered off... See what your drone does when that happens.

You will end up holding it in your hand as the blades spin like crazy trying to get away from you. FYI trying to power it off while in "flight" does not work, battery will not power off. Ever so carefully you will have to remove the battery by unclipping it. Watch your fingers!!! :p

Reactions: photoholic
Saw somewhere if you have hold of a runaway Mavic, flip it upside down and the motors will stop immediately. I have not tried this yet. But I would prefer this to trying to remove a battery with the props spinning.

Saw somewhere if you have hold of a runaway Mavic, flip it upside down and the motors will stop immediately. I have not tried this yet. But I would prefer this to trying to remove a battery with the props spinning.
Thanks, I'll try this next, seems safer. Then I can spank it for being naughty! - Spank the drone...... perverts!

I still got the scars to prove how viscous the Mavic can be!

Reactions: Nathanmot
There's another option - a phone so wondrous that it doesn't discharge RC too much (still good for 8 Mavic batteries worth) and stays at nearly constant state of charge, so no taking it off the arms to charge necessary.

And we call it... WUNDERPHONE

:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme