DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Away For Three Years, Now Cannot Connect To My Mavic Pro.

cheolk

Reactions
Hi all

I did not use my Mavic Pro for more that three years.
now Play store do not have the Mavic app. They only have the DJI Go app.
I installed this and my controller said DISCONNECTED.

Then I use my old mobile and found my old DJI app still there. The controller said REMOTE CONTROLLER CONNECTION ERROR.
Anyone help me to connect my handphone to the controller/mavic.
BTW I forgot how to link the controller to the mavic, The mavic and the controller still the same two original items.

regards
cheo

Reactions: Gagey52
Reactions: Gagey52 and MA2 317
Thank you, I have installed DJI Go 4 but my mobile said REMOTE CONTROLLER CONNECTION ERROR.
My app also said VERSION CHECK. COLLECTING FIRMWARE VERSION INFO....

look like there in no WIFI from my Mavic.

WiFi SSID & factory default pwd are on the sticker in MP1 battery compartment (when you remove battery)

Reactions: Gagey52
Hi all

I did not use my Mavic Pro for more that three years.
now Play store do not have the Mavic app. They only have the DJI Go app.
I installed this and my controller said DISCONNECTED.

Then I use my old mobile and found my old DJI app still there. The controller said REMOTE CONTROLLER CONNECTION ERROR.
Anyone help me to connect my handphone to the controller/mavic.
BTW I forgot how to link the controller to the mavic, The mavic and the controller still the same two original items.

regards
cheo
I had some connection problems until I d/l from DJI....just make sure that if you have the original Go4 app, you delete before d/l the new one. That made mine work.

I had a similar problem with the DJI Osmo. Google Chrome refused to download anything from the DJI site, and of course dji apps are no longer on android playstore.

Hi anybody can help me.
My mobile is connected to my Controller. Now my mobile DJI Go 4 app shows nothing, No connection to my Mavic Pro
How to connect the RC and mobile to the Mavic? No picture and cannot access the Menu

How to connect the RC and mobile to the Mavic?
1. Check the little switch under the cover on the right side, just above the mSD card slot. When the switch is towards the rear, it connects directly to your mobile device via Wi-Fi. When the switch is towards the front, the AC connects via the remote controller.

2. Have you downloaded and read the OWNER'S MANUAL from the DJI website? The OWNER'S MANUAL tells you all the basics you need to know about the AC, RC, and how to properly connect everything.

If I switch it to WIFI mode, does it mean my RC is of no use?
Yes. When you switch it to Wi-Fi AP mode, you don't use the RC, just connect your mobile device directly to the AC. I suggested that only as another step in troubleshooting the problem.

Sorry, but I have to ask you again - HAVE YOU READ THE OWNERS MANUAL YET?!!... doesn't sound like it.

sorry, I didn't read it.
I have never switched to wifi mode before. last time, the mobile somehow connect to the ac and rc, NO no pictures on the mobile [nothing there.]. Just a remark NO CONNECTION or NO AIRCRAFT.

sorry, I didn't read it.
Well, you should.

I (and I suspect others also) can't (and won't!) help you if you refuse to demonstrate a willingness to help yourself and follow the instructions/suggestions already given.

Good luck

Hi, I have read it gain. The first time was when I bought the Mavic , i think, 5 years ago.
Now there should be no linking as the two items [RC and AC] come together and I had been flying since since then, except stopping it for the last three years.
Now I re install DJI Go 4 from DJI Download Centre.

The problem is still there, The mobile said DISCONNECTED. means no picture from the AC. Is it because of NFZ? Even if NFZ area, the picture should appear in my mobile screen. I am using RC switch, like all along since bought it years ago.
Can assist me? I can start the AC through the RC. Cannot throught the mobile and I do not like using the mobile except for the viewing.

I can only get the app working on my mobile when I switch to wifi mode on the ac. last time, it was all along in rc mode.
why is this so? Must I change??

I can only get the app working on my mobile when I switch to wifi mode on the ac. last time, it was all along in rc mode.
why is this so? Must I change??
Troubleshooting a problem is a process of elimination.

Congratulations, you've eliminated the AC and mobile video configuration as potential sources of your problem.

Now, switch the AC back to RC mode. Power up the AC and give it time to go through the initialization process. Without the mobile connected to the RC, turn the RC on. The screen on the RC should say 'Connecting' for less than 10 seconds, the RC should vibrate (which means it's connected to the AC), then show all the Telemetry on the LCD screen. Start the Go4 app on the mobile and plug in the cable from the RC to the mobile. The mobile should acknowledge that a device is plugged into the USB port, and if the port is configured properly the camera view should be displayed in Go4. If a window pops up asking how to use the USB port, choose 'Charging'.

If this does not work, the problem is most likely the setting for the USB port on the mobile or the cable from the RC to the mobile.

Last edited:
Yes. When you switch it to Wi-Fi AP mode, you don't use the RC, just connect your mobile device directly to the AC. I suggested that only as another step in troubleshooting the problem.

Sorry, but I have to ask you again - HAVE YOU READ THE OWNERS MANUAL YET?!!... doesn't sound like it.
When I switched to WIFI mode, the RC is dead, RC cannot be used. Somehow I started the AC and I did not increase [go up] the height. It hover about 3 metres high. I then found that my Mobile has no control. Nothing there. RC dead, mobile dead. I do not know what to do. I then tried to catch the AC from the bottom but the AC went up instead. I told myself and I prayed hard that the AC do come down. If my AC is damaged, it will be the end of me flying a drone. After some agonising ten minutes [my battery was 90%] I press/touch some thing in my mobile, [so far, the app not working] then a message appeared "Force to comedown". I touch that message and the message repeated again. I pressed that message again and this time the AC came down,
After this agonising ordeal I will never switch to WIFI mode again.
So everybody beware that if your mobile does not show the working app, don't try WIFI mode.

After this agonising ordeal I will never switch to WIFI mode again.
So everybody beware that if your mobile does not show the working app, don't try WIFI mode.
I fly my Mavic Pro Platinum often using Wi-Fi and mobile Direct Connect. Have never lost control, crashed or had any other problems whatsoever.

Did you bother following my directions in post #18?... or even reading it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom