DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFly - opinions

marklyn

Reactions
I've downloaded B4UFLY on my iPad mini 4 and Android device but I am finding it extremely difficult to use for two main reasons.
1) Touch screen on both devices are extremely difficult requiring me to hard tap/double tap to create a pin on a map. Other apps (ie: google maps, etc.) are very normal on both devices and a slight touch works for them. There also seems to be a severe lag when the screen tap is accepted, usually several seconds.
2) Intuitiveness and lack of documentation/manual on how to use the app properly? The "guide" provided in the app (to me) seems worthless. Just a few screen shots. It took me forever to figure out that you have to use the map to place a pin and save, then go to planner part. Additionally, when you're in map, typing in a location at top to go to a map of that area doesn't seem to work. Is it supposed to?

I'm curious if others are having issues with this app.

Ok, good. I thought it was me. I was going to be more colorful in my description of the app and inability to use it but used nicer language. I think I'm going to free up the space it consumes on my devices, even a few bytes wasted is still wasted.

I decided to send an email of my review to their web email address to let them know what I think about their app. Of course I don't expect to hear a reply back but it made me feel better for a moment.

i was going to email litchi and whine about being bricked by the app and having to go find a internet connection and reinstall the app,,,, that i paid for to prove i paid for it? annoying at best. as for b4you fly i am not smart enough to get it to "plan" any place i am not all ready standing on. good idea just needs work i think.

I got a notice on my Pixel 2 XL saying the app was designed for Android 9 and may have issues. It did - it freezes after using the map for few minutes. I like the idea of having an FAA app but....

Just received an email response from FAA staffperson today:
Thank you for your report. We are experiencing issues with the search feature, which is causing issues with app performance. We have determined the cause of the issue and are currently implementing a fix. We hope to have this corrected in the near future.

Best regards

EK

It's worthless
Agreed, right now, but I do have some glimmer of hope if they update the app. It hasn't been updated for over a year (iOS) if I recall.

I just downloaded the 'updated' version. I personally don't see any new functionality, features or improvement to the GUI. This app continues to be worthless in my opinion.

AirMap is much better in my experience. B4UFly is about what you should expect for any app developed by/for the government: some contractor probably ripped off the taxpayers for a few million dollars to develop that piece of garbage.

Reactions: Brewbud
No doubt that AirMap is a better app for what it was designed for. B4UFly (if working properly) might be a great and unique app, particularly with the flight planning part, but any app can only be as good as it's WORKING features, not the advertised ones. Yes, this represents the sad fact of government attempts to produce a product that is typically low quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54