DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backed up via VM .900 for myself.

Robbyg

Reactions
Just in case any crazy stuff happens I am making sure I have 900 available as a personal standby.
Since the App side of things is coming along nicely, it will be a good backup combo.

Rob

Reactions: adiru
One can never be too prepared. Having said that, something tells me that the next firmware release will both have to have fantastic new selling points, and also permanently deny a firmware rollback and rooting. The former is surely possible, but I'm not sure about the latter.

Reactions: dewster and Robbyg
One can never be too prepared. Having said that, something tells me that the next firmware release will both have to have fantastic new selling points, and also permanently deny a firmware rollback and rooting. The former is surely possible, but I'm not sure about the latter.

I think thats DJI biggest problem right now! What compelling new feature do you add to the Mavic or Phantom that will make people give up customization and freedom? I think the "better stability and more precise RTH" reasons have worn thin from about 3 updates ago;)

BTW I totally agree with you about anti roll back being part of the new firmware and all known keys and sigs will be useless. The problem is that stopping rooting is not going to be easily solved.

Personally I think it's a total right off considering their production cycle. Will they spend all the time and money on this or will they just move on and roll out the P5 and Mav2. I think that both of them are probably already going to be seriously delayed as they redesign some of the hardware and rewrite the software.

Rob

Too late for that, it's been removed. You will have to wait on another moethod.

Rob

Robbyg could you use fake creditionals and create a seperate vm version for goggles, we all may need it in the future.

Soon we can all upgrade / downgrade / backup any firmare by just clicking on a button.

I have been told that It already working, but that it needs some fine tuning.

Have patience...

Last edited:
Robbyg could you use fake creditionals and create a seperate vm version for goggles, we all may need it in the future.
DJI can get back to you even that way, so nobody will offer that.

But as mentioned there are other ways appearing that avoid these problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet