DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack, bag, or case for mavic pro?

MavicPro

Reactions
I've been searching on Amazon for a good backpack for my Mavic pro. So far I've been looking at DSLR camera backpacks with customizable dividers. What are you guys going to use?

This without hydration bag TU

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 402
I purchased the Fly More bundle which includes its own bag, but I also own a Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250AW for my Panasonic G7, and definitely have room for both the Mavic and all its accessories as well.

Last edited:
I've been searching on Amazon for a good backpack for my Mavic pro. So far I've been looking at DSLR camera backpacks with customizable dividers. What are you guys going to use?
Since the OP is looking for a backpack, I'll focus on that. It depends on what you are wanting to do. I plan on taking my Mavic out on my road bike so I want as light of a load as possible. I was going to order the Camelback Rogue which it tiny; holds a 2L reservoir for water. It would most likely hold the Mavic, controller, and phone and that's about it. But, I didn't get that so I can't confirm. I went one step larger and got the smallest Maleroads backpack. I believe it is called a 10L size. I just received that 2 days ago. It is also tiny as far as backpacks are concerned, but definitely plenty of room for the Mavic and accessories. Looks to be perfect in my opinion. I'd say if you don't want to go with one of these small form factor solutions in order to keep a light load then any backpack will do. I also order a couple neoprene pouches to provide a little cushion for the Mavic and controller. I will secure these neoprene pouches inside the backpack.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-selling-Waterproof-Backpack-Traveling-Hydration/dp/B00EDGFKY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477507156&sr=8-1&keywords=maleroads+backpack&th=1
61557TAH5AL._SL1042_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCBBPU-BodyBag-Purple/dp/B0087N0GH4/ref=pd_sbs_421_4?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0087N0YTE&pd_rd_r=FDD7FPC25PZD0K0ZA4DE&pd_rd_w=gQWhH&pd_rd_wg=qOFXP&refRID=FDD7FPC25PZD0K0ZA4DE&th=1
For the Controller...
41OL7G60ciL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCLPLWBK-LensPouch-Large-Black/dp/B0087N2WNK/ref=pd_sim_421_4?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0087N2WNK&pd_rd_r=7HG77SG6025R0H3EWQS5&pd_rd_w=nZe9w&pd_rd_wg=je1fO&psc=1&refRID=7HG77SG6025R0H3EWQS5
For the Mavic...
51OtDI5FG8L.jpg

I looked at the specs. The controller and Mavic should fit in these bags just great.

Since the OP is looking for a backpack, I'll focus on that. It depends on what you are wanting to do. I plan on taking my Mavic out on my road bike so I want as light of a load as possible. I was going to order the Camelback Rogue which it tiny; holds a 2L reservoir for water. It would most likely hold the Mavic, controller, and phone and that's about it. But, I didn't get that so I can't confirm. I went one step larger and got the smallest Maleroads backpack. I believe it is called a 10L size. I just received that 2 days ago. It is also tiny as far as backpacks are concerned, but definitely plenty of room for the Mavic and accessories. Looks to be perfect in my opinion. I'd say if you don't want to go with one of these small form factor solutions in order to keep a light load then any backpack will do. I also order a couple neoprene pouches to provide a little cushion for the Mavic and controller. I will secure these neoprene pouches inside the backpack.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-selling-Waterproof-Backpack-Traveling-Hydration/dp/B00EDGFKY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477507156&sr=8-1&keywords=maleroads+backpack&th=1
61557TAH5AL._SL1042_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCBBPU-BodyBag-Purple/dp/B0087N0GH4/ref=pd_sbs_421_4?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0087N0YTE&pd_rd_r=FDD7FPC25PZD0K0ZA4DE&pd_rd_w=gQWhH&pd_rd_wg=qOFXP&refRID=FDD7FPC25PZD0K0ZA4DE&th=1
For the Controller...
41OL7G60ciL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCLPLWBK-LensPouch-Large-Black/dp/B0087N2WNK/ref=pd_sim_421_4?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0087N2WNK&pd_rd_r=7HG77SG6025R0H3EWQS5&pd_rd_w=nZe9w&pd_rd_wg=je1fO&psc=1&refRID=7HG77SG6025R0H3EWQS5
For the Mavic...
51OtDI5FG8L.jpg

I looked at the specs. The controller and Mavic should fit in these bags just great.

do you know the diameter of the last pouch? the Mavic is about 11.5 inches around. I wanted to get something like this for extra cushion.

Oh regarding a backpack, I just recently bought the North Face Inductor Charged backpack which is amazing. Has a built in batter pack for charging your phone, etc. but also has pockets for every gadget imaginable. I bought the Kelty case so I can separate the Mavic and just toss it in the backpack when I wan to travel with it. Expensive backpack but worth it for me.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    280 KB · Views: 137
do you know the diameter of the last pouch? the Mavic is about 11.5 inches around. I wanted to get something like this for extra cushion.
Sure. If you click the link and read the product description it says it has a 4.5" diameter. The Mavic is 3.3" x 3.3" which means it's about 4.6" on the diagonal measurement at its widest point. I think the front feet cause the Mavic's measurement to be a little wider that most of the rest of the body. The Mavic has slightly rounded edges so I'm just guessing this neoprene pouch will be slightly loose fitting which will make it easier to get out. Oh, and the length of the pouch is 8.5". The Mavic is 7.75". So that should be perfect. Just enough room to snug up the drawstring.

I'm planning on putting mine in my f-stop Kenti bag. My a6000 and lenses takes up one side, but the other side has been empty. Hopefully soon it will be filled...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972