DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

backpack for multiple drones?

WilliamDaugherty

Reactions
Site
drone-artist.com
I'm trying to determine the best way to carry multiple drones in a backpack. The Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 have pretty small Fly More Combo cases that can be squeezed together into my day pack, along with an iPad and other items, but it is a really tight fit. I also have a set of hard shell zippered cases for my Mavic Pro (one for the drone and one for the controller) that could theoretically be added to an appropriate backpack loadout but I can't seem to identify an appropriate pack. The other option would be to use a camera pack and ditch the individual cases in favor of traditional separators. Am I the only person trying to do this?

Have you seen the Lowepro Droneguard series?

I have the 250 for 1 M2P, 6 batteries, and all accessories. It looks like there's at least a couple with more space than mine (the 400 series, for instance), that might work for what I have plus a mini.

But my first thought was to look at camera backpacks, as you mentioned. I think you'll find that if you filter out those that do not have backpack shoulder straps + hip belt (a proper backpack), you're left to a relatively small number. If you were looking for a camera backpack for cameras, I would advise you to be sure and pay attention to depth as many are now designed for mirrorless cameras (therefore, not deep enough for full-sized DSLRs), but for a drone, a shallow depth may be appropriate.

Another thought: a camera backpack might be a good choice for those that want to take an actual land-based camera with the drone parts.

Chris

EDIT: when I mean "hip belt", I don't mean just another strap at hip level, but a real, padded hip support belt as in the pro recreational backpacks use (what people hiking for long distances need, or their back will suffer).

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamDaugherty
The I love my OneMo backpack from PGYTECH. A bit pricey (cheapest on the PGYTECH website), but well made, very functional, and has a removable (w/o opening the pack) bag for a drone and four extra batteries with a shoulder strap.

There seem to be dozens of these configurable backpacks on Amazon. Search "drone backpacks". I was looking at them for a while, but ended up with separate packs all stuffed into my favourite backpack.

Camera backpacks are worth looking at, most have adjustable compartments so you can arrange things to fit your drones & accessories

That would be my suggestion as well and it's what I use myself since the Mavic and the controller will fit in lens slots and they can be reconfigured to the right sizes so it's just a case of choosing one the right size. I have a small backpack for the drone and a small camera, a larger one which can take the drone, one camera and a couple of larger lenses and a big backpack which can carry two cameras, a couple of lenses, the drone and a tripod so I can choose whatever size suits.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I'm trying to determine the best way to carry multiple drones in a backpack. The Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 have pretty small Fly More Combo cases that can be squeezed together into my day pack, along with an iPad and other items, but it is a really tight fit. I also have a set of hard shell zippered cases for my Mavic Pro (one for the drone and one for the controller) that could theoretically be added to an appropriate backpack loadout but I can't seem to identify an appropriate pack. The other option would be to use a camera pack and ditch the individual cases in favor of traditional separators. Am I the only person trying to do this?
No, your not the only person, I just purchased a camera back-pack for my 3 drones and put them all in 1 camera bag. USA Gear from Amazon cost $62. Please see video

USA Gear $64.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbara
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll