DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack that works with Lifthor Baldur tablet mount?

mschaffer66

Reactions
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good backpack for the MA2 and the Lifthor Baldur tablet mount. I'd like to keep the mount as assembled to the controller as possible since I see losing those little thumb screws out in the dirt being a real concern. Also I'd like as little setup time as possible when I get somewhere I want to mess around a bit. I know, that may be kinda lazy, but I envision much more joy(and use) coming from being able to just pull the drone out, unfold it, put the tablet in the mount, and going flying than I do with having to lay a bunch of stuff out on the ground to reassemble the tablet mount.

I'm not too familiar with the photography backpacks and I don't know the sizes and how the internal dividers all work out. I'd like something that is big enough for the drone, a few batteries, and the controller/tablet mount without being so huge that everything just clunks around in there.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Something like the Lowepro Drone Guard 250 might work but they also have bigger bulky models.

Reactions: mschaffer66
I had a Lifthor for my MA1. After going through exactly what you’re going through, I finally pitched it. They are ridiculously large, bulky and heavy and way overpriced. Save yourself the headaches. I printed out a small extension bracket, cost was about 25 cents. Holds tablet rock solid and can be stored in a tiny area of any bag. Takes about 3 seconds to install.

Most photography backpacks have adjustable dividers but there is a huge selection and can differ considerably in price.
From THIS to THIS

Yeah prices are all over the map for bags...

Something like the Lowepro Drone Guard 250 might work but they also have bigger bulky models.

I ordered a cheapy off of Amazon to see if this is really something I'm going to do. Right now I basically just want it for carrying the drone with me when the wife and I go on walks around our area. I've got one of those knock off Pelican cases from Covid Freight that I have used when I actually take the drone somewhere like on vacation or what not. Maybe I'll end up just getting a good bag and going away from that as well.

Thanks for the input.

If anyone else has any other suggestions on bags that will fit that monster mount I'm all ears...or eyes. :)

I keep my 9.7” iPad tablet permanently mounted on the RC, loose at the bottom of a small backpack, and then carry the aircraft separately in another case that can be put inside a side compartment of the same backpack, or in another shoulderable Smatree soft case designed to hold the aIrcraft, batteries, and RC, just minus the RC. Carrying them together over the shoulder that way is quite comfortable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha