DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack?

jeffreydepp

Reactions
I am thinking about getting a LowePro250 for the Mavic (to carry everything and have both hands free). It costs around $150. Does anyone else have a great backpack suggestion...

Peak Designs also has a Everyday Backpack, but it is $250ish?!?!

I got a resonnable DSLR backpack from ebay and paired it with foam from a semi-hardshell case, really happy with this setup so far.
See post here

There doesn't seem to be a lot of options for backpacks that allow you to carry the Mavic unfolded.

I am thinking about getting a LowePro250 for the Mavic (to carry everything and have both hands free). It costs around $150. Does anyone else have a great backpack suggestion...

Peak Designs also has a Everyday Backpack, but it is $250ish?!?!
I have one rather similar but find it too bulky unless I want a gopro with extras in it too.
Preferred way here is a compact PolarPro case in a more lightweight backpack which does not obviously look like camera gear. Still room for gopro etc in the backpack with it.

On the other hand the Lowepro case will last much longer than your Mavic and is versatile and future proof for other slightly fragile stuff. They are very well made.

Hello, I have the lowpro 250 and love it, it easily fits everything and more! I can use the pull out mavic case in the bottom to carry if I don't need all the stuff in the backpack, the pull out case fits my mavic, 2 extra batteries, connect cords for rc, gear extensions, spare props if I want, gimbal sun hood, and other small pieces if wanted. In the backpack I have a heli pad, charger and hub, spare props, manual, notes, remote controller, spare cords, another battery, room for my water floats if mission is over water. I can also put sweatshirt and water bottles in or strapped to outside, it's a very versatile case.

I got the sling Lowpro AW250. I like the extra room at the top to carry a light jacket, DSLR or food for a small hike.

Reactions: Imtnbike
The lowepro pro tactic 350. Hands down best bag yet. If you carry more then just the mavic. It's good for day trips. Has just the right amount of protection.

Did a lot of research to find a good fitting bag for new Mavic Pro and found out I already owned one! Not sure if it's appropriate to refer to a YouTube video but did a quick one for demo purposes.

I've never posted a Youtube video of this nature but have watched hundreds of them - so if you watch it, please be kind:) and open to any feedback.

Hope this helps anyone in the hunt for that "perfect" bag. Will be checking out all the other suggestions - thanks!

I bought a small hardshell case for mavic and controller and put them with other accessories in the camelbak I use for MTBing. Works great. Well protected. Still compact.

Eg.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSX2VVW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Which Camebak? I have a couple of them / Hydrapak / Osprey bags and haven't found one that fits snug enough (or big enough) to feel comfortable enough to take it out on single track...even with the same style of hardshell case you have listed.

Edge model? Looked at this one as well / still happy with it?
Edge model. Over a year later and still using it. It's my daily. Comes to work every day. I have taken it overseas, on 3-4hr hikes. It's perfect. The only thing that has broke it the clip to help support the strap to stop it from moving side to side. I only use it if the sling bag is overloaded.
Get the AW250 for the extra room.

I've been looking online for a place to post something about a backpack, so this is the best place I have found. I am considering trying to make a custom backpack made just for the fly more package of the mavic pro. I can't find anything that's specifically designed to carry just the mavic pro that isn't a case or a bulky bag. The concept is to have the mavic pro in the central compartment with 1 battery in the drone flanked by a battery on each side in individual pockets with the controller in a top pocket. I would shoot for a price around $50 which is reasonable compared to many backpacks on the market. The backpack would also have a chest strap for stability, so essentially it would be about the size of a backpack with a water bladder that people run marathons with but instead would house the mavic pro. I thought that maybe people who bike or hike or just want to have a small, portable backpack for just their mavic would be interested. Just trying to gauge interest. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ordered a Lowepro BP Droneguard 200 and 250.
250 has a hydration bladder and should arrive today. On sale $129 - will update you if interested.

200 came in two days ago and has ample room for MP, 3 batteries, iPad Mini, controller and additional space for lunch, cables, blades. Nice setup and is much smaller than I thought it would be. Two stretch pockets that would accommodate large water bottles. On sale $109

Will likely keep both - one for hikes and one for biking.

I keep a list of backpacks here that are recommended by members here.
I wish I had seen this list before....as a newbie it would have saved me a lot of searching on so many things....how could I have missed this? Thank you.

how could I have missed this?
It's a new tool I recently put together. There are a sea of backpacks/cases available, so I figured it would be helpful :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_