DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Backyard to Beach!

About 500 meters as the crow (or MA2) flies from our Old Bar property to the waves! [emoji305]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Very nice footage. I liked all of the panoramas a lot. Great work Paul. How much RAM does your Mac Book Pro have? I edit on the iMAC using proxies and only have 16 GB RAM. (Premiere Pro).

Reactions: Squidinc
Very nice footage. I liked all of the panoramas a lot. Great work Paul. How much RAM does your Mac Book Pro have? I edit on the iMAC using proxies and only have 16 GB RAM. (Premiere Pro).
Thanks Dale. My MacBook Pro is using a 3.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Corei7 Processor, so I never have any worries editing. It also has 16GB of memory (2133MHz LPDDR3) and Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB. I stiched and edited the panos in this video using Adobe Lightroom.

Thanks Dale. My MacBook Pro is using a 3.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Corei7 Processor, so I never have any worries editing. It also has 16GB of memory (2133MHz LPDDR3) and Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB. I stiched and edited the panos in this video using Adobe Lightroom.
I am not gonna drag out my Mac Book Pro just now to look it up, but my iMAC has similar properties (see attached) and my Premiere Pro editing goes really slow unless I work in proxies. I cannot explain that!

I have been doing 3-5 frame panoramas or more in Photoshop for years. Before the late Photoshop upgrades, it was a lot of work, but now it takes about 5 clicks. (1) I open the images in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW), (2) right click and CTRL+A,(3) select all, (4) right click on any image to bring up the drop down menu> (5)merge to panorama.

Click on the panorama to open it.
Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 7.42.49 PM.png

Attachments

• SoBeachPanorama.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
I am not gonna drag out my Mac Book Pro just now to look it up, but my iMAC has similar properties (see attached) and my Premiere Pro editing goes really slow unless I work in proxies. I cannot explain that!

I have been doing 3-5 frame panoramas or more in Photoshop for years. Before the late Photoshop upgrades, it was a lot of work, but now it takes about 5 clicks. (1) I open the images in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW), (2) right click and CTRL+A,(3) select all, (4) right click on any image to bring up the drop down menu> (5)merge to panorama.

Click on the panorama to open it.
View attachment 126407
I forgot to mention I’m using Apple’s Final Cut Pro as my overall editor. I like to keep everything Apple IOS if I can. Runs perfectly.

I got a deal from Adobe for the entire suite for 40% discount for the past 2 years, so I pay $29.99/month for over 30 apps of which I only use Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Many others are available (the entire Adobe suite). Updates in all programs and improvements are frequent and included. Luckily I can afford it. I'd rather pay than go through another learning curve for even the free software.

I am anxiously awaiting the iMAC with the M1 chip. I will go big on that one when I make all of the option selections.

I got a deal from Adobe for the entire suite for 40% discount for the past 2 years, so I pay $29.99/month for over 30 apps of which I only use Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Many others are available (the entire Adobe suite). Updates in all programs and improvements are frequent and included. Luckily I can afford it. I'd rather pay than go through another learning curve for even the free software.

I am anxiously awaiting the iMAC with the M1 chip. I will go big on that one when I make all of the option selections.
I went the other route. Never liked Apple, always been a PC man.

I used the Adobe suite years ago for video editing but for various reasons gave away videos.
When I got my Mavic a couple of years back I decided to get into editing again, but did not like the constant payments needed for PP and came across Davinci Resolve. It meant upgrading my PC but that was on the cards soon anyway. Have not looked back. Recently purchased the studio version of DR when they offered the speed editor keyboard for free if you purchased the studio version. To good an offer not to.

Don't think I will ever learn all there is on DR, and whenever I think I might get close they bring out a new version with more bells and whistles.

By the way, love the video above.

I went the other route. Never liked Apple, always been a PC man.

I used the Adobe suite years ago for video editing but for various reasons gave away videos.
When I got my Mavic a couple of years back I decided to get into editing again, but did not like the constant payments needed for PP and came across Davinci Resolve. It meant upgrading my PC but that was on the cards soon anyway. Have not looked back. Recently purchased the studio version of DR when they offered the speed editor keyboard for free if you purchased the studio version. To good an offer not to.

Don't think I will ever learn all there is on DR, and whenever I think I might get close they bring out a new version with more bells and whistles.

By the way, love the video above.
My wife & I have just moved to this town “Old Bar” on Australia’s mid north coast of New South Wales 3 weeks ago. The video above was my second in the town and I really wasn’t even sure of what I was going to film, but threw the trusty MA2 up anyway lol. It was more the case that I wanted to try out my new anamorphic lens! After de-squeezing in FCP I am really happy with the more cinematic look the lens provides, and look forward now to using it more often.

I’ve toyed with the free DR17 a couple of times, and understand it’s an extremely powerful editor, however it’s complexity eventually frustrates me. I have been fortunate to acquire a free version of Apple’s FCP where I feel much more at home in it’s process. “Horses for courses” as they say!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95