DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Phone

DesJardins

Reactions
Flying longer distances and wanting to ensure my antennas are pointing straight at the Mavic Air on the map screen. I noticed that the red dot and the aircraft icon did not line up when facing the RC directly at the Mavic Air.

I downloaded the app on my wife’s new iPhone and it now lines up. I tested both compass apps and my phone does not show North like hers does. My guess is the barometer inside my iPhone is bad as there is no calibration process on the iPhone 7 that I can find. I went through resetting up the phone as well and it did not change.

Has anybody else seen this or found out that their phone was bad causing the maps to not align with the drone in the map screen?

iPhones should ask you to calibrate if it is off, but there have been plenty of reports of wrong compasses. The mostly likely fix is just shutting off calibration and turning it back on:

Settings>privacy>location services>system services> turn OFF compass calibration then wait a few seconds and turn it ON again. Launch Compass

If that doesn't work, you can try to lay it on a flat surface and do a few figure 8's with it, as that sometimes helps.

Also, note that the iPhone can show true north or magnetic north, which could make it off a little depending on what you have it set to and where you are. I have no idea which it reports to other applications like maps and DJI.

Yea went through the shutting off and back on, adjusted True North and still off with the maps...

I’ll have to plead the case to apple on why the phone being off isn’t ok. I’m sure that will go well, lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580