DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad photoquality (jpg) on Mavic Platinum?

jonpetersen

Reactions
I need some help; I bougth a secondhand Mavic Platiumum and have an issue with the photoquality:.

Photo's of my Mavic Platinum seems to be less sharp compared to my (sold) DJI Spark. Attached some examples. IMHO the sharpening when generating the JPG gives a strange "painted" result. Setting for JPG was 0/0/0.

What's your opinion, needs it repair and/or what can be the cause? Does the Mavic needs repair, if so, which parts?

1: JPG as created by Mavic (settings 0/0/0). Sharpness?
2: detail = (approx 30%) of this JPG, strange "painted" effect?
3: same detail of the RAW image exported in GIMP as PNG (could not upload the RAW/DNG file)
4: another JPG as created by MPP

Please help.

Number 2 as thumbnail:
DJI_0095 detail.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0095.JPG
    DJI_0095.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
  • DJI_0095 orig RAW.png
    DJI_0095 orig RAW.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 64
  • DJI_0056.JPG
    DJI_0056.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 56
Hi, I tried all settings, see attached photo and settings 1/1/1.
I think it has the same problem. Please check, your opinion?

Attachments

• DJI_0092.JPG
    DJI_0092.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 38
  • DJI_0092 detail.JPG
    DJI_0092 detail.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 38
Either you haven't focused properly, you have outdated firmware or you have one of those Mavics that had the blurry camera bug.

The JPG images from the M1 have some smoothing done to them in the processor and you can't really turn it off. It is especially noticeable in areas with a lot of detail like trees and also in low light. It can't be fixed in firmware as it is baked into the chip. There has been a lot of discussion about the "watercolor effect" in the past but no solution.
If you shoot DNG instead and do the post processing, the images will look very good.
Just to satisfy yourself that there is nothing wrong with your lens or focus, just take the same shot in JPG and DNG and do a little post processing on the DNG. You will see all of the detail that is being lost i the JPG.
M2 uses a different chip and does not have this problem.

Reactions: Gorm
I had try jpeg repair software which repair raw image file exported in jpg. It's easiest way to fix bad quality jpg, raw files from mavic drone. I used Stellar Photo Repair software which fix distorted, split, blurred, and pixelated raw JPEG images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll