DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Pixels on RC/Introduction

jag8723

Reactions
Hi everyone,

My name’s Joe and I live in northeastern PA. I bought my drone around the beginning of July and when I turned the RC on there were a lot of bad pixels all over the screen. I sent it to DJI for repair on 7/12 and it came back today 8/9 looking like they didn’t touch it and just put protective covering over the screen and top like it came out of the box.

Original

d8c55e2fc8c7b92fe580e221ce1b615d.jpg

Replacement

fa344f6252a17c455869ab185b42d133.jpg

I’ve just been flying it with wifi until I got it back but now that it looks like nothing was done I’m just wondering if other screens look that bad or is it just mine and should I even try to waste my time and send it back to them again?

Thanks for any info

I have quite many of those hot pixels on my RC since the beginig - but as long as my MP flies without any problems, I consider this flaw as minor aesthetic issue. Display is perfectly readable and I get most of information from phone / tablet screen anyway.

Reactions: jag8723
Yeah I think it’s pointless to try and send it out again for that problem since it took 3 weeks the first time. The only reason I wanted to was because I figured for paying as much as we do you would think you could get a screen that isn’t peppered with hot pixels.

Not sure what is going on there, but I would be AMAZED if it's hot or stuck pixels. That display isn't a dot matrix display, so there are no 'pixels' per se. It's got fixed on off areas like an old LCD watch. It's just liquid crystal.

LP

Well I appreciate everyone’s replies. I just wanted to see if anyone else had a screen that looked like mine. I’m going to stop complaining now and go out and fly. Thank you again.

Reactions: kens65fb
Joe I'm in Northeast Pa as well, located in Dallas, near College Misericordia.

It's dust. There aren't even any pixels on the display, only (much larger) segments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec