DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Quality?

agraska

Reactions
I just got my mavic today and took it up for its first flight. Well....Im not sure if I did something or if its just like this. Can anyone tell me why the picture looks kinda gross? I understand the mavic has the focusing feature but I don't understand why the bottom of the image the snow and everything else looks disgusting. People said the camera was comparable to the x3 on the inspire but I'm not seeing it. I sold my inspire 1 for this mavic and so far I'm not too impressed. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Directly into sun like that is a pretty big ask, the lower part is underexposed, and Mavic doesn't like that.
You will see lack of detail and noise reduction smoothing.
Who says the camera is compable to an Inspire X3?
It can better the Phantom 3 and come close to the Phantom4
But it doesn't do well in low light.
After some use you should learn to work within the limitations and should be sometimes pleasantly surprised.

I have a thread asking if I should get the mavic or keep my inspire and people said to go with the mavic that I'd barely notice a difference

Reactions: Vince@fwi
I have a thread asking if I should get the mavic or keep my inspire and people said to go with the mavic that I'd barely notice a difference

Have Both! They both have their Pros & Cons, but you may be flying the MP more cuz of ease of use[emoji1360]

It's probably obvious and the others above alluded to it, but lighting is SO IMPORTANT with the Mavic's camera. If you find yourself in poor lighting situations (over or under) in the future, I'd recommend setting the camera settings to have lower contrast, saturation, and sharpness. I am -2 for each. In post, you can bump up all three and clean up your video and pictures pretty nice. I'd also suggest to use RAW and a setting like D-Cinelog versus Auto WB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas