DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Badly pixelated display

Ianc

Reactions
Hi folks,

I got my Mavic Pro out of winter hibernation to bring with me to NH figuring to get some great footage around the lakes and forests. First thing I did (big mistake) was to update the firmware when it asked, from 1.04.03 to 1.04.04, and also went to DJI GO 4.2.21.

Subsequent test flights showed such heavy pixelation and lag in the display that I can't really film anything reliably. I've seen this issue before and was able to solve it with just a simple DJI GO downgrade, but now I've gone back to FW 1.04.03 and tried GO 4.1.15, 4.2.14, 4.2.16 as well as 4.2.21 and nothing helps: the display still looks like crap no matter what I try.

Anyone else having similar issues or got any ideas? Thanks,

ianc

Same issue here. And very delayed camera adjustments. During controls working fine though but can't shoot video or stills now

Interesting suggestions. I'm using a dedicated Note 3 with no SIMM card from which I've uninstalled most non-essential apps. I'll go through this article as time permits, but it seemed to be working fine last year with 4.2.16 so I wonder... I do have a Note 4 I can try as well now too. I'm just wondering if the enforced winter hibernation had something to do with it as well?

ianc

I did a factory reset on my old Note 4, disabled everything in sight and followed the above guides and things are right as rain again. At least until the next new version... ;)

Thanks!

ianc

i had same problem after last update , notice that recording on SD is perfect so it has to be a transmission issue (e/o phone software change after upgrade) rollback firmware with Assistance two make it better but still not solve (especially during take off)
tested with a better new phone (i had an old samsung S3 , tested with xiomy readme4) and ...better but still problem ;
also tested with a different app (air map) still problem... on both phones ... i love my mavic but i hate DJI ... upgrade...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa