DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Balky yaw on Mavic 3

TMC

Reactions
Have just aquired a Mavic 3. After being aloft for a few minutes the yaw becomes very slow. Landing and re-launching gets it back to normal. Also there is no binocular icon. Only a 7 where the binoculars should be. I have to tap it several times to activate zoom. Appears to be no way to adjust the amount of zoom. It's either on or off. I contacted support and the fellow's enunciation made it impossible to fully grasp what he was saying. What I was able to glean from the tone of his voice was that he had never encountered these issues before. My Mavic 2 Zoom flew away a few weeks ago. I miss it.

Last edited:
The M3 takes a bit longer to acquire satellite positioning than the M2 pro/zoom.
Is it possibly you are not waiting for the home point recorded message?
Also, is the M3 a new unit?
The difference between the apps is also a bit of a challenge. Possibly a setting in the Fly app versus the Go4 app?

IIRC I think some others have encountered this issue and solved it by deleting and reloading the DJI Fly app.

I always wait for satellite acquisition and the "Homepoint has been updated" message. It is a new unit. I'll try reinstalling the app.

the yaw becomes very slow
I have seen this on the one I have. A few times. Actually just this morning after a long hover, yaw was very slow. Landed and then re-launched as was fine.

Just got the RC controller. Yaw issue is gone.
That’s what I use also. Probably mine is on an older firmware and may be the reason I see the slow yaw on occasion. I’ll search the firmware versions for information before any update.
Glad you got yours solved.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald