DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Banding, this happens sporadically....

ken.T

Reactions
I get these strips across images, I shoot in DNG/raw and have had this happen twice now, both in the same location, then later today it was fine. It looks like the image has slipped....
super annoying as I use it for work.

any ideas, I formatted the card before take off.

Attachments

• DJI_0233.jpg
    DJI_0233.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 32
Yes, it's a problem if you use a scandisk reader. I had this also with a lot of my Mavic raws. I was using either the scan disk SD reader where the card fits into the SD card or a dedicated scan disk USB reader. I shoot only dng and it was driving me crazy for about a month till I figured out it's the card reader I was using.

Moved over to a transcend reader, and issue went away. I would try a different card reader.

Found a lot of info on google on this and they appear to be write errors, but it seems the scandisc brand readers can cause this.

Paul Caldwell

Still happening, Samsung or Lexar card, the only work around I have found so far is to copy them from the root on the card to my desktop and process in Photoshop...

Yes I overlooked that. I never browse the card but instead always copy them off to my Mac or PC then view them.

Seems to resolve it for me.

Paul Caldwell

shame Ive written a lot of images off, and now they're lost! I have found that if they are added to my lightroom library they are useless, but from the card it seems to work.

Your findings are the same as mine. You can’t put them into LR without moving them off the card first to a separate directory.

The banding gets permanent. And of course ruins the image.

I also now only format the card in the Mavic and do it each time before I fly.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: ken.T
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803