DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BANK JOB GONE BAD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Most of what you said is a strawman argument. More what ifs. Instead of arguing the facts we are talking about, a lightweight drone operating at a low altitude. You have to come up with a bunch of different talking points to argue against instead. This tells me on some level you know my pilot buddy is correct.

I'm not talking about birds and a commercial jet that can suck them in. This guy is not flying a bird it's a lightweight drone at nowhere near the altitude where that would be possible. I'm not talking about tire on a runway either..
Lets just clarify here, I agree that if a person keeps to 400ft or below that a strike with an aircraft is a very slim chance of happening. Unless, that is, the person will be flying in the manner that the OP has stated he flies. So far away he can't see what is coming upon his drone and flying into an active crime scene where the police copter may well be flying.

Then there is the fact that people who fly like this are more likely to be the ones that will at some point choose to fly much higher and then things open up. I have flown with the local police copter on several occasions and I can tell you they do get down low over some places and the eye are towards the ground a lot even though an observer is on board at all times.

No one in the cockpit is scanning the sky for a possible drone to be flying around at low altitude. That is why I can speak from experience and know that flying into such a scene is quite a dangerous thing to do wit a drone, kite or anything else.

Reactions: okw and RobertR
Joe
I am a drone user like you. I learn from you as you learn from me . Thank you for sharing your experience because it make me think and help me to become more experienced and wise. I find fascinating to be in a crime scene and see with my own eyes ( or my drone) the crime in action. But I sense something is wrong. And I want to share this feeling with you. Because you are a drone user and a member of this forum. I am sorry if somehow upset you. It is just I am trying with my own way to find what is "right" or safe for all of us. Nobody is perfect...
I agree with you, sir. I am scared now. I would hate to (God forbid) wake up one morning, prepare for a flight, drive to my spot, and promptly see signs that state "NO DRONES ANYWHERE"... followed by a long number that is now the new "California Municipal Code" regarding the BAN OF ALL DRONES due to a high number of... incidents ... in this state! I am new to the hobby, but I have already spent a LOT of money AND time just trying to do it right and legal for it to be taken from me like everything ELSE in our society that USED to be fun at one time or another just because of a handful of folks decided to... push the envelope. It ruins it for us all! :-(

He may be 51, but his name is also Joe Chronic..

TBH I hope I'm as cool and chill as this dude at that age lmao. Smoke em' if you got em' boys.
Judging by your attitude, I believe that’s a given. Some people never grow up nor do they think rules don’t apply to them.

Your friend that you say is a real pilot, is either ignorant, doesnt care about safety, or probably just got his license and has ZERO experience.

I DO hold a SEL certificate. Ask your friend what altitude he flies when flying east and what altitude he flies flying west. I’m curious what ‘his‘ response will be. Hint, yes it’s a little test.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Wasted time.
All will be fixed in less then 3 years. Grab the ID. Look at files. Send out fines.
Then we can all set back and say..... Remember when.
Who did right or who did wrong will not matter anymore.

Picked up the Scanner yesterday and caught the pursuit of a Bank robbery in progress, so I launched the MA2 up 395' and flew it 2.5 miles to the location where
the cops shot the Bank robber, click on the link and check out my aerial pic of the ending where they had him just covered by the body bag.
*Check the name on the credit for the picture, lol... Suspected bank robber killed in police shootout (I was 395' up and about 750 away)
Cool...but the shot not cleear

There’s pigeons out there that weigh more than a DJI Mavic Air 2. Some of you take this drone hobby way too seriously. FAA included.
I gave you a like for that reply!!!
Fighter pilot??? I would never call you a fighter pilot, a 51 year old whose ski lift does not quite go to the top of his mountain, yes. But a fighter pilot? Nooooo.
I was being sarcastic and I never asked you to call me anything pal,(more sarcasm) I come hear to read and post a few things, if you don't like it stop reading it.
And I'll show you a ski lift, don't hide behind the screen and make personal remarks about me, that's what old ladies do, lol...

Every aspect of this flight is GROSSLY NEGLIGENT! Let's break this down:

1) Knowingly flew to an ACTIVE Crime/Emergency Scene with ZERO coordination with responding units
2) Flew insanely far beyond any hope for VLOS
3) Who knows how many highways/cars/people you flew over
4) If LEO had spotted your aircraft it could have been "removed from the air" as it could have been perceived to be doing RECON for the bad guys (I kinda think that would have been best in this situation)

What would have happened if there was a civilian or an officer gravely wounded and needed a Medi-Vac heli on scene? You do realize not only did you become a threat to an arriving Medi-Vac, if they had scene (or someone on the ground had scene) your UAS they would have grounded ALL manned aircraft including Medi-Vac. You could have LITERALLY cost someone their life just so you could become an "ambulance chaser".

I rarely get this "fired up" over what I read on the forum but this one... man this one takes the cake. Coming from someone who actually works in this industry I am deeply saddened, maddened, and disappointedin the level of carelessness and complete disregard for those who were on the scene.
I think you have my post mistaken as you act like I'm adking you for your approval wasking for advice from you I was merely stating a story. If I want your advice I'll ask for it, until then if you don't like what you're reading stop right there and find something else to read and let's see your kids because I'm not one of them
Umm, actually no one has to do it, nor should do it. At 51 most would think you'd have more sense by now.
I'm not most, lol...

You really have a bad attitude not to mention addressing a Admin
with
I think you have my post mistaken as you act like I'm adking you for your approval wasking for advice from you I was merely stating a story. If I want your advice I'll ask for it, until then if you don't like what you're reading stop right there and find something else to read and let's see your kids because I'm not one of them
And with that your moment of fame is over. Unless of course
@BigAl07 wants to address you .
This isn’t going to stay open no longer for you to show your
ignorance or disregard of other members who do try and keep
our hobby safe and alive.
Sorry guys but this is over as it isn’t going nowhere.
dos30bc_8036fb8cf8ced41ca30858df79e7e9af8221ec4f.gif

I'm good friends with a private pilot. Of an actual aircraft you are inside when it flies.
He tells me when this happens the pilot is just grand standing and being a little (Mod Removed Langage)He could completely ignore the drone and land and everything would be fine. It's all a game people play to make themselves feel important. I know this view goes against the culture, but it really did strike me.

I encourage everyone to follow the rules and laws of course, but feel it's important to deal in reality first.

Well I happen to "know" a private pilot who flies in an actual airplane.... I have decades of "REAL AIRPLANE" experience under my belt so I can tell you without a doubt your "private pilot" friend is only speaking for himself and not all pilots.

It's not game...it's a matter of life & death. With aviation (those who take it seriously), we do everything we can to avoid risk especially when it deals with some type of impact with an unknown object. Anything less is reckless and grossly negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan