DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BANK JOB GONE BAD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately your "cop friend" wasn't aware of the Federal Regulations or he would have been less likely to suggest you self incriminate.
Maybe he was aware and told him to send it in because he knew how stupid he was and it was a way of him getting the OP to incriminate himself, without the cop having to turn him in. Or he could be just a dumb cop hanging out with "Like" friends.

There’s pigeons out there that weigh more than a DJI Mavic Air 2. Some of you take this drone hobby way too seriously. FAA included.
Hmmm, what would you rather be hit in the face with travelling 50mph, a soft bodied feathered pigeon, or a hard plastic and metal drone? A pigeon does its best to stay alive and avoids hitting things in the air, a drone does not.

In some people the barrier is down and the lights flash and the bell is ringing... but there just does not seem to be a train coming along.

I hear you but I was the lone fighter pilot that day, and yes that day maybe but I might not be so lucky the next time huh?
Fighter pilot??? I would never call you a fighter pilot, a 51 year old whose ski lift does not quite go to the top of his mountain, yes. But a fighter pilot? Nooooo.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I hope you learn, understand, and FOLLOW the rules much better than you have thus far. If not, you might be in for a rude awakening when working in the "public's eye". See, when you fly for an agency you put not only yourself in the spotlight but the entire agency and whoever sponsors (County Commissioners etc) the agency. Most Public Safety/ES Agencies go well out of their way to reduce risk and the potential for negative view from the public and your actions do just the opposite.

If you fly for them the way you've flown for yourself it isn't going to be pretty or a very long relationship.
Always remember the "Glass is half full"...

There’s pigeons out there that weigh more than a DJI Mavic Air 2. Some of you take this drone hobby way too seriously. FAA included.
I gave you a like for that reply!!!
Fighter pilot??? I would never call you a fighter pilot, a 51 year old whose ski lift does not quite go to the top of his mountain, yes. But a fighter pilot? Nooooo.
I was being sarcastic and I never asked you to call me anything pal,(more sarcasm) I come hear to read and post a few things, if you don't like it stop reading it.
And I'll show you a ski lift, don't hide behind the screen and make personal remarks about me, that's what old ladies do, lol...

I gave you a like for that reply!!!

I was being sarcastic and I never asked you to call me anything pal,(more sarcasm) I come hear to read and post a few things, if you don't like it stop reading it.
And I'll show you a ski lift, don't hide behind the screen and make personal remarks about me, that's what old ladies do, lol...
Can’t we all just get along.
2F99F7F7-9388-486C-87C7-B4BDD8D599BA.jpg

Reactions: Tom S.
The road to the ( Mod Removed Langage)is paved with good intentions

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just pick on... in (IIRC) 2018 a MediVac heli was prevented from entering the landing pattern for a hospital due to UAS sighting. The delay was noted at (again IIRC) 12 minutes. If that was YOU or someone you LOVED in that helo what would you have to say? If someone is injured enough to get air lifted it's bad and literally seconds count. Being delayed because some yahoo wants to get that perfect shot and 30 seconds of glory is GROSS NEGLIGENCE.

I don't recall the exact location but I'll do some research and see if I can't find the link to verify this.

In NO case is it acceptable for a non-Public Safety UAS to enter into an ACTIVE incident. NONE!
I'm good friends with a private pilot. Of an actual aircraft you are inside when it flies.
He tells me when this happens the pilot is just grand standing and being a little (Mod Removed Langage)He could completely ignore the drone and land and everything would be fine. It's all a game people play to make themselves feel important. I know this view goes against the culture, but it really did strike me.

I encourage everyone to follow the rules and laws of course, but feel it's important to deal in reality first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: teeroy
I agree with this. It's psychological. Makes people feel important to be like this. Somewhere in there they know there's no actual danger.

Not that different of an attitude than the single cool wine aunt neighbor across the street peeking out of her curtains and calling the cops when you have people over for a barbecue.

There's this crave for attention thing that's happening in our world, whether it be the person making the wrong choice or the people that call them on it. The "virtue signaling" is out of control in society today.
Well said. Virtue signaling is exactly what this is. These people are experienced operators, I know they know there's no danger.

Reactions: pinballwiz86
2.5 miles out, wonder where his battery level was at? Flying BVLOS happens to the best of us; including part 107 pilots. Just keep it off social media.

I'm good friends with a private pilot. Of an actual aircraft you are inside when it flies.
He tells me when this happens the pilot is just grand standing and being a little (Mod Removed Language)He could completely ignore the drone and land and everything would be fine. It's all a game people play to make themselves feel important. I know this view goes against the culture, but it really did strike me.

I encourage everyone to follow the rules and laws of course, but feel it's important to deal in reality first.
There are many real pilots on here who know all about the real dangers of hitting anything in the air while flying. Sure there have been many bird strikes over the years and nothing much has happened to the aircraft but that does not mean that it is not important to think about bird strikes or do what ever is possible to keep them out of an area that is critical to flight safety.

With your way of thinking, birds hit planes all the time so we don't need to be afraid of it happening because nothing will hurt the plane, yet it only takes one incident where the bird strike is at that critical point to bring down an entire commercial jet aircraft, such as Captain Sully's flight. If it was not for his gliding experience and experience in jets over the years, that would have been another terrible air disaster killing all aboard.

Your comment is like asking a passenger getting on their commercial flight, if they feel worried about that tiny little goose down there walking about the tarmac. 99% would say no, we have no worries. Yet we all know that is a the wrong way to think about that bird, because it is possible to kill all aboard and many on the ground.

You probably also think that a little piece of tire on a runway is nothing to really be concerned with, because you may have run over debris on the highway many times in the past with your car, and nothing happened. Yet that little piece of tire hitting at just the worst possible place was able to bring down Concorde as it took off, killing everyone on board, many years ago. So don't think that a little drone could never do anything to a helicopter or airplane, if it were to hit it, because there is always that once chance that it could be deadly, even though many other times it was not, during a strike.

There are many real pilots on here who know all about the real dangers of hitting anything in the air while flying. Sure there have been many bird strikes over the years and nothing much has happened to the aircraft but that does not mean that it is not important to think about bird strikes or do what ever is possible to keep them out of an area that is critical to flight safety.

With your way of thinking, birds hit planes all the time so we don't need to be afraid of it happening because nothing will hurt the plane, yet it only takes one incident where the bird strike is at that critical point to bring down an entire commercial jet aircraft, such as Captain Sully's flight. If it was not for his gliding experience and experience in jets over the years, that would have been another terrible air disaster killing all aboard.

Your comment is like asking a passenger getting on their commercial flight, if they feel worried about that tiny little goose down there walking about the tarmac. 99% would say no, we have no worries. Yet we all know that is a the wrong way to think about that bird, because it is possible to kill all aboard and many on the ground.

You probably also think that a little piece of tire on a runway is nothing to really be concerned with, because you may have run over debris on the highway many times in the past with your car, and nothing happened. Yet that little piece of tire hitting at just the worst possible place was able to bring down Concorde as it took off, killing everyone on board, many years ago. So don't think that a little drone could never do anything to a helicopter or airplane, if it were to hit it, because there is always that once chance that it could be deadly, even though many other times it was not, during a strike.
No.

Most of what you said is a strawman argument. More what ifs. Instead of arguing the facts we are talking about, a lightweight drone operating at a low altitude. You have to come up with a bunch of different talking points to argue against instead. This tells me on some level you know my pilot buddy is correct.

I'm not talking about birds and a commercial jet that can suck them in. This guy is not flying a bird it's a lightweight drone at nowhere near the altitude where that would be possible. I'm not talking about tire on a runway either..

lol, this article is timely to this thread.

Totally agreed. Plus I think we should stop giving this dude the attention he wants. It’s clear from all the post he still doesn’t see the problem. Some ppl will never accept responsibility. It’s pathetic a few ruin things for so many others

Joe maybe read the link in this thread.

yes yes I read that and that was in Los Angeles where there is nothing but helicopters and aircraft everywhere where I'm located there is not aircraft everywhere it is open Skies takes 45 minutes to call in a police helicopter to assist on any calls. I appreciate all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo