DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries and high temps.

Mustangmikey

Reactions
Hello,

By mistake my drone and three batteries were left in my vehicle for three days when the outside temp was 108°. No telling how hot it got inside the the vehicle. How can I tell if the batteries are ok? Should they be replaced? Three batteries are expensive but I don't want to lose the drone. Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

"Too hot to handle"

My understanding is the Mavic batteries will swell if heat damaged. If they look OK then see what kind of health Go 4 shows. If nothing shows up there then I would not worry about it. You may want to keep it close for the next few flights, in case there is a more rapid drop-off of power than normal.

Hello,

By mistake my drone and three batteries were left in my vehicle for three days when the outside temp was 108°. No telling how hot it got inside the the vehicle. How can I tell if the batteries are ok? Should they be replaced? Three batteries are expensive but I don't want to lose the drone. Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

"Too hot to handle"
Any swelling of the batteries may also affect how well they "click" into the drone, watch for poor connection.

Hello,

Thanks,

"Too hot to handle"
Being in a hot car won't bother them. But being in the cold will cause them to not put out enough power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys