DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries discharge while stored?

BluePolo

Reactions
So, if I don't fly for a few days, all of my batteries show a charge of around 58%. Is this common, or is the foam in my Nanuk case conductive, or are all three of my batts just wrong?

DJI Intelligent Flight batteries are designed to discharge after a certain amount of time. It depends on which Mavic you have as well. For example this is from the Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines;
  1. The battery automatically discharges to below 60% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately four days to discharge the battery to 60%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharging process.

Hope this helps!

So, is it a good idea then to not charge batteries after use if you know you're not going to fly for a few days?

Empire Drones is correct. As a minor clarification, since they quoted the Mavic 2 (which is actually different than the above with the M2's new firmware) and not Air 2. The exact timing, from the Air 2 manual:

View attachment 109225
Good to know thanks
My AIR2 manuals went straight in the garbage so I wouldn't even known how fast it discharges. :p

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Good to know thanks
My AIR2 manuals went straight in the garbage so I wouldn't even known how fast it discharges. :p
Actually, the User Manual is never included. It is always a download only manual, to keep it up to date. Only the Quick Start Guide is printed and included in the box.

• Wow
Reactions: Kilerpl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada